Rehab Tech- Full Time
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 25, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION Provides rehabilitation patient care and
related activities under the direction of a licensed therapist for
the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Demonstrates teamwork by providing patient care and related
activities under the direction of a licensed therapist in multiple
* Performs routine and assigned tasks in the department under the
direction of a licensed therapist, within the scope of training and
* Assists in patient transportation to and from therapy as
2. Maintains safe and therapeutic environment.
* Provides manpower assistance to therapists in treatment of
patients as directed.
* Monitors supply levels and notifies appropriate person of supply
needs, based on established inventory levels. Stocks supplies in
correct location upon receipt.
* Cleans and stores equipment in clinic area, according to
3. Assists in clerical tasks as needed.
* Responds to telephone promptly when needed and acknowledges
caller, assists caller by answering questions or providing
information, and determines when referral to other staff is
* Schedules patient treatments when assigned.
* Assists in the maintenance of patient charts, filing, copying,
faxing, discharging, etc. as assigned, within established
4. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
* Completes project by due date.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience in healthcare setting preferred. Education in related
field may be substituted for experience.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules,
information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or
public health records, medical records related to quality/data,
patient financial information and/or 3rd party billing,
patient-related complaints, and/or research information.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, validates, transports, monitors and observes
patients for procedures, and monitors clinical alarms.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Rehab Tech- Full Time, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!