Rehab Tech - Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 25, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Provide Rehab Tech services to all
patients at a level consistent with Baton Rouge Rehabilitation
Hospital (BRRH) mission, vision and values.
As a team member of the best rehab hospital in the state of
Louisiana, it is within the job duties of an employee to uphold the
following core values and commit to BRRH mission and vision.
TEAMWORK - Value the diverse contributions of all, we incorporate
the skills of all staff members in collaborative care. One Team One
* Be open to communicate and communicate openly
o Consistently communicates with Therapists regarding schedule,
patient and therapists' needs.
o Accept constructive comments from therapists regarding skills and
* Share my knowledge and educate the team
* Value the contributions of others
o Demonstrates respectful interactions with patients/clients,
colleagues, and others.
o Follows through with collaborative decisions vs. acting on
* Place the team's success above my own
o Understands that no job is too small and readily helps when
needed or available.
* Involve others in the solution
o Respects everyone's role.
o Consultation with other staff is expected regularly.
INTEGRITY - Always follow the highest standards of professionalism,
ethics, and personal responsibility,
deserving of our patients' trust. Do the Right Thing.
* Follow through on my word
Has boundaries while allowing patients to self-determine their
* Respect and trust others
o Keep a positive attitude toward patients and coworkers even when
* Lead by example
* Take pride in myself, work, and hospital
o Keeps commitments to work as scheduled arriving on time, prepared
* Work in a way that is a tribute to your yourself and your
* Use resources wisely
o Minimizes wasteful consumption supplies.
o Focuses on being timely when moving between departments.
o Clocks in and out according to scheduled shifts and needs.
COMPASSION - Dedication to delivering the best care, treating all
with sensitivity and passion for making a difference. Have a
* Treat others as you wish to be treated
o Puts the patient first in all decisions
o Treat all patients the same, like your favorite family
o Engages in eye contact and active listening.
* Endeavor to improve the lives of others
o Does not take things personally or allow fears to determine
o Connects personally with patients and co-workers
* Give the benefit of the doubt
o Build coworkers up especially in the eyes of the customer.
o Help others to get past their issues in order to focus on task at
* Say encouraging words
o Validate the patients' feelings in the moment and without
* Practice acts of kindness and empathy
o Respect their privacy by not talking about them in front of
o Smiles frequently.
EXCELLENCE - Commitment to provide the highest quality outcomes and
service through the wholehearted efforts of every team member. Do
the best thing.
* Go above and beyond the standard of care
* Love my work and let it show
o Understands you have an opportunity, make it count.
o Understands your work reflects yourself.
o Have the courage to be a role model. Lead by example.
o Takes personal initiative to bring about positive change
including doing Research and consulting others
* Commit to personal and professional growth
o Attends and participates in in-services, education, orientation,
meetings, and activities.
* Work to hold myself and others accountable
o Anticipates the needs of therapists and patients
o Keeps patients and therapists on schedule
o Communicates with the team
* Continuously improve processes
o Take an active role in organizational initiatives to improve
patient care, practice, and institutional performance
o Is open to new ideas
o Act like an owner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides care and treatments to patients.
* Under the supervision of a Therapist, performs routine and
assigned tasks within the scope of training and experience.
* Assists in patient transportation to and from therapy as
* Effectively and efficiently assists in technology set up for
* Adapts patient's environment in and outside of therapy to
facilitate patient's progress.
* Provides assistance in treatments as directed.
* Monitors supply levels and notifies supervisor of needs.
* Cleans equipment and gym according to policy guidelines
* Stores equipment according to established organization plan
* Maintains temperature and cleaning logs according to policy
* Provide age specific direct and indirect patient care for school
age (6-12), Adolescent (12-18) adult (18-65) and elderly (65+)
* Provides feedback to therapists regarding patients' functional
skills and needs.
* Responds to telephone promptly and professionally referring to
other staff when appropriate.
* Anticipates the needs of therapists and patients and proactively
2. Documents care provided
* Assists in the maintenance of patient charts, filing, copying,
faxing, discharging, etc. as assigned, within established
3. Promotes team approach
* Works cooperatively by collaborating with team members to assure
a comprehensive interdisciplinary patient program.
* Is present, prepared, and participatory for interdisciplinary
patient related conferences and meetings.
4. Promotes education and participates department tasks.
* Is present, prepared and participatory in all mandatory meetings,
training and in-services.
* Assists in other departments as needed.
* Assists with orientation of new staff.
5. Maintains compliance.
* Follows the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest, Medicare,
Joint Commission and Department of Health and Hospitals guidelines,
and policies and procedures.
* HIPAA: Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable
HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not
limited to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and
electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results,
patient information related to
surgery or appointment schedules, information related to patient
location, religious beliefs and/or public health records, medical
records related to quality/data, patient financial
information and/or 3rd party billing, patient-related complaints,
and research information.
6. Contributes to performance improvement.
* Employee actively participates in Quality activities and
incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job
* Offers suggestions for process improvement; recommends to the
supervisor/manager equipment and/or supplies that may enhance our
7. Maintains patient and employee safety.
* Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective
patient and employee safety practices.
* Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job
Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling
of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand
washing, environment of care, patient identification,
administers/receives patient orders, validates, transports,
monitors or observes patients for procedures, and monitors clinical
8. Other tasks
* Works on holidays, weekends and during emergency situations as
required to meet patient needs and maintain compliance with IRF
* Utilizes KRONOS or App to clock in and out consistently, request
independently, monitors, timecard, benefits, and notifications.
* Manages daily schedule considering patient needs, co-worker's,
schedules, and productivity.
* Assists other departments as needed due to census, skill set,
9. Performs other duties and special projects as
required.Experience in healthcare setting preferred
Education in related field may be substituted for experience
High school Diploma preferred.
Oral and written communication skills required.
Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Good organizational skills.
* Lifting Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
(33%), 10-25 pounds frequently (34-66%) and 0-10 pounds constantly
(67-100%) with frequent lifting/and of carrying objects weighing up
to 25 pounds.
* Must have?ability?to bend, and adequate physical strength to lift
and?assist?with transfers and resistive?activities
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Rehab Tech - Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!