Nurse - Clinical Trials Office
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 26, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Implements basic clinical protocol
management via study requirements; proficiently performs the
nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation; safeguards the rights and well-being of the study
participant; and provides general operational support and
administrative duties related to clinical activities for research
study. Performs job for the age population served, as defined in
the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of
clinical protocols in accordance with department standards.
* Participates in protocol feasibility assessment.
* Establishes appropriate data collection systems and procedures,
according to pre-established research protocol.
* Educates hospital staff on protocol-specific interventions.
* Screens patients for protocol eligibility, reviews test
* Educates eligible patients and participate in the informed
* Enrolls eligible patients in research protocols.
* Coordinates protocol-specific appointments, tests, treatments and
* Coordinates and monitors the collection, processing and recording
of clinical data as required by established study protocol.
* Communicates study data, protocol deviations, on-site adverse
events and study results to department manager.
* Maintains complete source documentation and oversees the
preparation of study activity reports for sponsors and various
medical, legal and regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
* Ensures that all clinical activities are carried out in
accordance with established research protocol.
2. Assumes oversight of regulatory requirements for clinical
* Ensures that regulatory documents are submitted to sponsors and
Institutional Review Boards as required.
* Ensures that BRG Institutional Review Board and Institutional
Research Oversight Committee policies and guidelines are followed
in the conduct of clinical research protocols.
3. Facilitates problem solving in the Research Department.
* Utilizes critical thinking skills in determining appropriate
actions in a variety of situations.
* Demonstrates the ability to process through to solution for a
variety of problems.
* Represents and promotes the objectives and activities of research
studies to various internal/or external constituencies, as
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
3 years experience in clinical trials.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Louisiana Nursing License
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
Strong knowledge of the principles and procedures of clinical
Organizing and coordinating skills.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical
records related to quality data, patient financial information,
patient related complaints, information related to patient
location, religious beliefs and research information.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers medication and blood products,
validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures
including infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms, collect blood
samples, radiation safety, and chemotherapy precautions.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Nurse - Clinical Trials Office, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!