Licensed Radiology Technologist
Company: Novamed Surgery Center of Baton Rouge
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 27, 2023
JOB TITLE: Licensed Radiology Technologist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: - -
Performs fluoroscopic procedures for the treatment of patients of
all age groups, utilizing the guidelines of the professional
radiology practice standards. Responsible for all duties related to
imaging patient care, file room, general clerical, physician
assistance, and other related duties necessary for complete patient
outcomes in the outpatient surgery center.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Physician
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of modern radiologic equipment and techniques; regional
and gross anatomy of the human body; standardized radiologic
clinical procedures; thorough knowledge of the hazards of
radiologic materials and the safety precautions required; the
operation and care of modern radiologic equipment; and the ordering
and storing of supplies.
Ability to communicate effectively at a level required for
successful job performance; administer emergency aid for shock;
prepare solution used in processing x-ray film and process film;
keep simple records, file film correctly, and compile reports;
follow directions; analyze situations accurately and take effective
action; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
EDUCATION: (include any licenses or certifications
- Possession of a current valid license in Radiologic Technology
issued by the State of Louisiana. -
- Successful completion of a two-year training program in
radiologic technology approved by the Council on Medical Education
and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, in collaboration
with the American College of Radiology.
- Knowledge of email systems such as -Microsoft Outlook
sufficient to communicate with both internal and external
- Knowledge of Word and Excel sufficient to create simple
documents such as memos and reports, enter data, copy or cut and
paste data and print results.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced -environment with changing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: - -
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and assist -in
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
environment. - - -
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to four hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer monitor
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: -
This position is in a climate controlled office environment during
normal business hours. - -
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. - Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Novamed Surgery Center of Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge , Licensed Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!