Patient Access Representative 2 - Hospital
Company: Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title : Patient Access Representative 2 - Hospital Job Summary
- The Patient Access Representative 2 (PAR 2) facilitates a
welcome and easy access to the facility and is responsible for
establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines
for hospital service. The PAR 2 ensures that all data entry is
accurate, including demographic and financial information for each
account. The PAR 2 has numerous procedural requirements, including
data elements, insurance verification, and authorization for
services; collections for all patient portions including prior
balances; and balancing of cash at shift end. The PAR communicates
directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance
companies, and third party payers. The PAR2 has the ability to, and
serves as, team lead, lean Process improvement participant, new
hire preceptor/mentor and/or auditor for regulatory and billing
compliance. Experience, Education, Training, Special Skills, and
- 2 years relevant experience (registration, patient scheduling,
customer service, billing, or coding) in the healthcare industry,
with demonstrated proficiency and consistency in meeting department
Related certification (Certified Coder, Certified Medical
Assistant, or Certified Healthcare Access Associate) or Bachelor's
Degree substitutes for 1 year of experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced clerical and computer skills, critical thinking
skills, ability to work in high-stress situations, professional
appearance and behavior, good communication skills, dependability,
flexibility, teamwork Job Function :
- Customer Service
- Effectively meets customer needs, builds productive customer
relationships, and takes responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Represents the Patient Access department in a professional,
courteous manner at ALL times.
- Asks patients if they may have special needs.
- Calls patients by name.
- Greets patients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Adheres to the Passport accuracy percentage rate of 97.5 or
above on a consistent basis when registering accounts.
- Supports the flexible needs of the department to accommodate
patient volume in all areas of the hospital. This may require
assignment to another area of the department, and shift
- Supports the department in achieving established performance
- Completes training required as needed.
- Demonstrates reliability and dependability by reporting to work
- Financial Collections
- Calculates and collects the estimated patient portion, based on
benefits and contract reimbursement as well as prior balances.
- Utilizes appropriate language and behavior to collect patient
- Collects co-payments, deductibles, deposits and/or amounts due
on previous accounts.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to review notes on all
pre-admitted accounts and discuss with customer in a courteous and
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to review and explain
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to complete account
acknowledgement forms when appropriate.
- Collects cash, prints receipts, and balances cash drawers.
- Insurance and Benefits Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance plans.
- Verifies eligibility and obtains necessary authorizations for
- Completes Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire.
- Utilizes online eligibility.
- Obtains authorization/verification of required insurance
- Utilizes appropriate software and worksheets to calculate
patient financial responsibility.
- Performs financial assessment for appropriate program
- Utilizes appropriate guidelines to assist patient with
- Demonstrates accuracy in selected insurance plans
- Obtains and accurately inputs all requires data elements for
registration, including patient demographic, financial information,
guarantor information, and relevant notes associated with the
- Prioritizes and completes registration in a consistent,
courteous, professional, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures each patient is assigned only one medical record
- Selects appropriate patient type based on the department and
- Communicates the purpose of and obtains patient/legal guardian
signatures on all necessary hospital documents such as: hospital
consent forms, assignment of benefits, patient rights, etc.
- Documents in account notes.
- Ensures orders are received and are consistent with
- Gives patient documents that he/she needs to take with him/her
to other departments.
- Serves in a team lead role (if assigned).
- Participates in/assists with performance improvement
initiatives and demonstrates an understanding and compliance of all
department policies and procedures.
- Mentors and trains other associates.
- Acts as auditor for regulatory and billing compliance.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, Baton Rouge , Patient Access Representative 2 - Hospital, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...