Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System (SLVHCS) is recruiting for a full-time Primary Care Physician for SLVHCS Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC). We are looking for a Primary Care Float Physician to join out network of practitioners at our Slidell and New Orleans, Louisiana locations. New Orleans will be the base location. We are also recruiting for a Primary Care Float Physician to join our network of practitioners at our Baton Rouge, St. John/Reserve and Hammond, Louisiana locations. Baton Rouge, LA will be the base location. The primary care practice is supported by a designated team of an RNs, LPNs, and Medical Support Assistants in a Medical Home Model. We have primary care teams in five communities in Southeast Louisiana Including New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Slidell, Hammond, and St. John/Reserve. Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System invites you to participate in the VA Mission to provide primary care to our Nation's Veterans. The VA is proud to provide care for men and women who have sacrificed for their country, many of whom might not otherwise have access to medical services. Consistent high-quality care and efficiency in a friendly patient-centered atmosphere are the operating principles of our practice. We are a leader in establishing multidisciplinary, collaborative care in a medical home model. Our practitioners use the most advanced and comprehensive electronic medical record system in the country. We provide a broad base of primary care supported by specialties in cardiology, general surgery, gynecology, infectious disease, oncology/outpatient chemotherapy, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain medicine, podiatry, pulmonology, radiology, rehabilitation services, and urology. We are affiliated with two medical schools, two nursing schools and a school of pharmacy, so there is frequent interaction with students, residents, and other trainees. As a member of the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System, primary care physicians enjoy a generous salary with an excellent benefits package including malpractice insurance, 26 days of paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, and other benefits. Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday with occasional evening and Saturday morning clinics. Recruitment and Relocation incentives may be available to qualified providers. Education Reimbursement Debt Program may also be available.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: None Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Applicant is required to take and pass a physical examination.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Baton Rouge , Physician (Float), Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!