ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Company: Family Dollar
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Req ID# 427139BRTitle ASSISTANT STORE MANAGERCompany Family
DollarLocation of Position Walker, LouisianaJob DescriptionGeneral
Summary :Work where you love to shop! Family Dollar is hiring in
your neighborhood. Avoid long commutes and set your own course to
success by applying today.We offer generous benefits, flexible work
schedules and the ability to work today and get paid tomorrow.As a
Family Dollar Assistant Store Manager you will responsible for
providing exceptional service to our customers. A key priority
includes assisting the Store Manager in the daily operation of the
store. Under the direction of the Store Manager, you will also be
responsible for maintaining inventories, store appearance and
completing daily paperwork.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable
manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and
- Maintains a presence in the store by providing excellent
- Ensures a clean, well-stocked store for customers.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, supervises, trains, and
develops Store Associates on Family Dollar operating practices and
- Assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck,
organizes merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to
- Assists Store Manager in ordering merchandise and record
keeping to include payroll, scheduling and cash register deposits
- Supports Store Manager in loss prevention efforts.
- Assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of Store
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.Position
- Education : Prefer completion of high school or equivalent.
Ability to read, interpret and explain to other's operational
directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
- Experience : Prefer store management experience in retail,
grocery, or drug store environments.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
(and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above
shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking,
standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and
repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Availability : Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to
include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.Skills &
Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential, Results Driven,
Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Problem
Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship
Management.Our teams are working tirelessly to provide a clean and
safe environment for our Associates and customers. We continue to
enhance and modify our protocols, as appropriate. This
includes:Plexiglass guards at cash registersAssociates conduct home
health screenings two hour prior to their shiftManagers conduct
in-store health screenings of each associate prior to shiftCleaning
protocols that include hand sanitizer and supplies to clean
throughout the daySocial Distancing by maintaining at least six
feet between yourself and shoppersFace masks and gloves for
Associates to wear during their shiftsWe value our Associates'
contributions to our success, which drives us to invest in the most
important element of our organization: our people.As we work
towards a healthier future, we provide eligible associates with the
following:Health and welfare programs including medical, pharmacy,
dental, and visionEmployee Assistance ProgramPaid Time
OffRetirement PlansEmployee Stock Purchase Program
Keywords: Family Dollar, Baton Rouge , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Walker, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!