Company: Associated Grocers, Inc.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 8, 2021
SummaryPerforms all activities necessary to process payroll for
all of our payroll clients, including maintaining related records,
filing voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary
deductions such as levies and garnishments, and preparing
accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating
- Four years of full-service payroll experience required in a
- Netchex Payroll experience required
- Up to date knowledge on all current payroll legislation
regarding Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES)
- Ability to train customers on Netchex system and provide
outstanding customer service
- Proficient in MS Excel spreadsheets, Word, and Outlook
- Exemplary skills in time management, organization, and
attention to detail
- 10-key skills requiredEssential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Daily Payroll
- Review weekly Retail Store Accounting Department (RSA) clients'
payroll time sheets, wage computations, withholdings and deductions
and other adjustments in order to detect and reconcile payroll
- Process, balance and close RSA client payrolls, and issue
client payroll earnings, deductions and payroll tax reports.
- Assistance and reconciliation of various payroll information,
which includes verifying SUTA rates are updated in payroll system
by the Payroll Provider (and reconciling if any over/under paid
taxes are refunded/paid to/from the stores), as well as assisting
other RSA staff members with clients' workers' compensation
- Add new hires to payroll system. Record employee information,
such as exemptions, transfers, and terminations in order to
maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors
or retroactive increases for RSA Payroll Clients.
- Initiate, edit and maintain employee deductions including
insurance, retirement, advances, garnishments, etc.
- Draft RSA Payroll Clients' bank for net amounts of payroll
timely and accurately, on a daily basis.
- Reconcile RSA Payroll Clients' bank draft amounts to actual
drafts processed by Payroll Provider, on a monthly basis when bank
statement becomes available.
- Verify ACH returns and/or ACH reversals have been received from
Payroll Provider, and process refunds to respective RSA Payroll
- Provide customer service to RSA Payroll Clients, which includes
(but is not limited to) time clocks, deductions reconciliations,
and reporting assistance (providing and training).
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll
matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement
- Assist with setting up new payroll clients on payroll
- Assist with payroll software implementation, training and
- Assist with selection, testing and deployment of new and
additional systems and services related to payroll (e.g. time and
attendance system, payroll debit cards, etc).
- Assist with client abilities to understand and properly use
payroll software to enter and obtain information and reports.
- Assist with writing, maintaining and compiling special
requested reports as needed for RSA Payroll Clients' using payroll
software or report builder.Education and/or ExperienceA minimum of
four to six years of full-service payroll experience in a
multi-company environment required. A Bachelor's Degree with an
emphasis in Business Administration or Accounting is
preferred.Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of payroll forms, reports, and systems
- Knowledge of financial and tax statements
Keywords: Associated Grocers, Inc., Baton Rouge , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!