Human Resources Regional Manager
Company: Highway Transport
Posted on: January 15, 2022
It's rewarding to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE
and have a passion for what they do.
Since 1948, Highway Transport has been a chemical tanker trucking
company with a reputation rooted in family and tradition. What
makes Highway Transport a choice employer? We hire top talent in
the industry to join our team and invest in resources to support
career advancement. Highway Transport offers a competitive salary
and a comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Time off,
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life Insurance and a
401(K).The Human Resource Regional Manager role contributes to
company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting
on people and organization development strategies in support of the
business objectives. This role is critical in executing our people
initiatives, providing internal customer support, and driving HR
functional excellence. Performs HR related duties at the
professional level while supporting more than one functional group.
The HR Regional Manager has responsibilities in the following
functional areas: talent acquisition; employee relations
consultation; policy interpretation and application, performance
management; and talent management consultation. May carry out
additional responsibilities to include employee development
initiatives and training.Responsibilities:
- Partners with leadership to align HR strategy to business
- Educates managers and employees on company policies,
procedures, and benefit plans and ensures their consistent
- Serves as a liaison between field operations and corporate
- Promotes use of the "Speak Up" program in the field.
- Partners with employees and management to maintain a positive
- Coordinates employee disciplinary
actions/suspensions/terminations for the region with the regional
manager and corporate human resources.
- Plans and schedules visits to all facilities in region on a
quarterly basis and conducts employee meetings as appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to
develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of
actions to including employee relations issues, policy
interpretation and application, and talent management and
- Actively participates in recruitment campaigns, job fair,
college relations programs, general networking, etc. to ensure a
robust candidate pipeline
- Provide input to leadership to develop succession plans.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough
and objective investigations when necessary.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent
to the day-to-day management of employees in collaboration with
- Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include
performance management; merit and bonus awards; benefits
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive
insights for HR solution and program designs i.e. training to
address certain needs.
- Provide HR data analysis and reporting solutions based on
- Integrate and partner with colleagues in the Recruiting,
Learning & Development, and HR teams to implement solutions and
help scale the business
- Forms strong relationships with managers to understand the
staffing needs and support in each business unit.
- Identify training needs and assist the Learning and Development
function in aligning training programs with business
- Other duties, as
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years in Human Resources or employee relations
- Valid driver's license and insurance required.Skills Required:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a changing
- Detail oriented and strongly committed to achieving
- Exemplary ethics and integrity to maintain confidential
- Success in fast-paced environments working independently and on
- Strong business acumen.
- High sense of urgency, customer-service driven, and team player
- Proficient in Windows based office software including but not
limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and
Outlook.Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment.
- After hours and weekend work may be required.
- 50% travel required.
- Hybrid of remote and in-office.#tier2Commitment to Responsible
Care -: Highway Transport's Quality Driven Delivery Management
System policy has been developed by the company's senior management
and serves as a visible commitment to ensuring the health and
safety of our employees and contractors, protecting the
environment, and minimizing the impact of our operations on the
roadways which we travel and the areas where we manage terminal
facilities. Highway Transport shall comply with its Safety, Health,
Environmental and Security Policy and Programs, Department of
Transportation Regulations, applicable OSHA and EPA/State
environmental regulations and applicable local regulations. Highway
Transport Logistics, Inc. is committed to the American Chemistry
Council's Responsible Care - program and maintaining a Responsible
Care - Management System partnership.
Keywords: Highway Transport, Baton Rouge , Human Resources Regional Manager, Human Resources , Geismar, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!