Location: Morgan City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Western Hemisphere Payroll Supervisor duties will prepare
payroll information in a timely manner, support finance
requirements, and supervision of the payroll team.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
- Role provides the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment,
working both virtually and in office.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15%
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee processing of various Payroll Pay cycles.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as
well as FLSA, Fringe Benefits, etc.
- Oversee the payroll processing activities for the payroll
department, which includes work allocation, problem resolution,
training, and cross-training team members.
- Partner with Corp. Payroll IT for software configuration and
testing for new processes and updates.
- Accounting Payroll Journals for Payroll General Ledger
- Research and Reconciliation of various Payroll related
- Conduct special projects in alignment with deadlines.
- Resolve payroll related issues with government agencies.
- Help resolve employee payroll related issues.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional departments to meet
various objectives and contribute to enterprise initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality of data and employee information.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
related field. Equivalent combination of education and relevant
experience may be considered.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of cumulative payroll experience in
areas including SOX compliance, FLSA compliance, state compliance,
worldwide foreign payroll compliance, expats, inpats, secondment
payrolls, equalization, benefit in kinds, knowledge of Global
Payroll compliances of Expat, Inpats, short term and long-term
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience with local statutory
requirements and local labor law, federal statutory requirements
and federal labor law, and worldwide laws.
- Working knowledge of payroll functions USA and Worldwide.
- Minimum One (1) year of prior leadership experience of a team
with 1+ direct reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Word and
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification or CPP
- Working knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft (North America
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Uses feedback and reflection to develop personal strengths and
address areas for professional development.
- Embraces learning and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates agility and the ability to prioritize in response
to changing situations.
- Promotes an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Builds business partnerships throughout the greater
organization to foster meaningful connections and promote
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Demonstrates behaviors that align with Oceaneering's core
- Ability to understand and apply policies, rules, regulations,
and operating principles.
- Ability to influence and lead team members in alignment with
business goals, vision, values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities with a
high degree of accuracy.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Baton Rouge , Payroll Supervisor, Human Resources , Morgan City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!