Director of Innovation (Technical/Food
Company: Shenandoah Valley Organic, LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.PostedLabel : January 10, 2021
Harrisonburg, VA, USA
Farmer Focus is seeking a technical leader to help build consumer
driven innovation. This role will partner closely with Marketing,
Quality Assurance, and Operations to bring new products and product
improvements to market focusing on consumer viability,
profitability, and operational feasibility. Our ideal candidate
will have experience in creating new products in both fresh and
fully cooked proteins. They will understand the importance of big
company rigor and process but drive a sense of urgency and
accountability with their teams. Reasonable Accommodations
Statement --To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential
- Responsible for independently developing and executing R&D
and new product initiatives that advance the company's goals
- Be the champion of innovation, while fostering a spirt of
collaboration and comprise to achieve goals in a rapidly growing
- Partner with QA and Operations to ensure new and existing
products are delivering "Best In Class" Product Experience
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to design products that
achieve product scope requirements while delivering on targets
(Viability, Feasibility, Profitability)
- To turn consumer needs into R&D projects and solutions.
This includes the development and execution of scientific research,
the analysis, interpretation, and communication of results and
- Assist in sourcing raw ingredients complying with USDA Organic,
Certified Humane, GAP and Project Non-GMO Food standards.
- Manage the department within company assets to promote plant
efficiency while best utilizing all internal and external
resources. Keeping in mind overall company goals, business needs
and financial gains or losses.
- Be forthcoming with quality/cost issues when converting
products from R&D processes to Plant processes.
- Lead and supervise plant trials and new product start-ups,
ensuring product & package design criteria are achieved.
- Ensure all newly created or revised products will be
successfully transferred from lab status to production status
without quality or processing concerns.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including shelf-life
reports, sensory evaluations, regulatory documentation, etc.
- Conduct analysis of results and translate into actionable
- Maintain effective, frequent and professional cross-functional
communication with internal and external groups, vendors and
suppliers to keep team members informed of project status and keep
project objectives on track.
- Identify and evaluate new co-packers based on project brief
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.), preferably in Meat science or Food
Science from four-year College, or university; a master's degree or
PHD is preferred
- 5-7 years of working experience in the branded consumer
products industry with meat proteins within a manufacturing
facility with additional preference for natural/organic
- Must have demonstrated technical expertise in meat ingredient
applications, fully functional within types of meat proteins,
blended meat processes and cooking of meat products.
- History of successful collaborative work in cross-functional
- Has demonstrated capability in white-space product
- Has demonstrated capability in commercialization, including
project management, plant trials, and start-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of responsibilities
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess: a sense of urgency, accountability,
- Positive, energetic, confident, professional and team-oriented
attitude.-- Other Requirements
- Vision (Near, Color, Depth Perception) Must be able to pass
color vision test.
- Ability to climb 1 - 2 flights of stairs 2 - 6 times daily.--
WORK ENVIRONMENT: --Work conducted primarily in an office
environment but will be required to access the production
environment. Must be able to tolerate the varying heat, wet and
chill of the plant. Hearing and eye protective equipment required
in the production area. Required to wear hair and beard nets in the
production area. Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.Yes . Up to 10%
Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.Qualifications Functional Expert:
Considered a thought leader on a subject Detail Oriented: Capable
of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the
task done well Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.Motivations
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help Ability to
Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to
contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Keywords: Shenandoah Valley Organic, LLC, Baton Rouge , Director of Innovation (Technical/Food, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisonburg, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!