Technical Service Representative
Company: Veolia North America
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Summary: Responsible for functioning in a technical support
role to both the Customer and sales team by providing knowledgeable
expertise in chemical grouping, a variety of disposal options,
approvals, RCRA, DOT regulations and compliance. Provides guidance
to field operations staff as well as administrative support to
achieve client's goals in determining most cost-effective methods
in delivering quality services at a high level of satisfaction. Job
- Assists in developing preliminary proposals and sales
quotations as determined by the specification supplied by the sales
- Assists in maintaining work schedules for field workforce and
advises supervisory staff and sales team when questions arise.
- Contacts customers on an as-needed basis regarding specific job
related requirements, obtaining additional information, and job
satisfaction and quality.
- Tracks profitability and provides background information for
future forecasting to include value, profiles, and associated
- Maintains the TSR file system to include customer
correspondence, waste profiles, and pricing as well as updating
customer spreadsheets to maintain current profiles, costs, and all
pricing on individual account basis.
- Identifies and tracks transportation, lab analysis and vendor
costs by purchase orders to insure accuracy of billing
- Selects and obtains new waste profiles with respect to customer
preference, technology, cost and facility approval.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- 2 to 3 years in the hazardous waste industry preferred.
- OSHA HAZWOPER certification Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge in environmental technologies.
- Knowledge of disposal site capabilities and limitations prior
to shipping hazardous materials to ensure efficient disbursement
and storage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Baton Rouge , Technical Service Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!