Senior Software Engineer
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About The Opportunity
MasteryPrep is assembling an onshore development team to work
exclusively on greenfield initiatives. We are looking for talented
software engineers to help us level the playing field in education
by building the most effective test preparation available, bar
none. We believe that the best way to build this experience is by
creating a diverse team of people from different backgrounds,
races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and
experiences. The team we are building must be aligned to our core
- Go pro. Or go home. Get better than the best.
- Do right. Period.
- Make it happen. Excuses never built anything.
- Make it awesome. There is no equality without quality.
- Customers are forever. This company is for them.
About the Role
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible forbut not
limited toarchitecture, implementation, testing, and partnering
with our product, operations, and support teams. Building great
products is a highly collaborative effort, so its essential that
you are a team player with solid communication skills.
- You work collaboratively and respectfully with cross-functional
teams to design cutting edge education products that change the
- You propose innovative and creative ideas to solve tough
engineering challenges that scale
- You raise the bar on quality, testing, and performance to
ensure the product reliably performs
- You help identify and implement best practices and standards
throughout the code and our processes
- You own quality issues and failures and work to actively
resolve them with a sense of urgency
- You constantly strive to build an inclusive, supportive, and
positive work environment
- Security is a first-class concern for youSecOps isnt an
Our development environment:
- Material UI
- Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Functions
- Google Firestore
- Google Identity Platform
- Google BigQuery
Integrated 3rd Party Solutions:
- Google Analytics
What You Will Be Building
While support and maintenance for existing platforms may be
required from time to time, this role will primarily focus on our
greenfield initiatives. MasteryPrep is wholly committed to building
cutting-edge technology solutions to level the playing field for
education. These solutions will include innovative use of video
streaming, 2D/3D interactions, and real-time collaborative systems
at scale. Our platform has to scale to support interactions in
hundreds of live classrooms with up to 250+ students in a single
class. This is not a job for the faint of heart. However, if
projects and challenges of this scale excite you, then you may be
the right fit for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- 100% Remote
- Flex work hours
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision with HSA eligibility
- 401K with company contribution
Did you know that nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high
school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score? Were here to
MasteryPreps mission is to level the college admissions playing
field by helping all students access the most effective ACT and SAT
prep programs on the market. Unlike traditional prep, MasteryPrep
works even for students who struggle with tests, and through our
partnerships with school districts, is provided at no cost to
students or their families.
So far, over 1 million students have benefitted from our programs,
and were just getting started. We need your help!
Join a diverse, high-energy, mission-driven team that is genuinely
making an impact and strives to be on the cutting edge of making
education technology work in the classroom.
MasteryPrep is one of the fastest-growing ed-tech companies in the
- Inc. 5000 four years in a row
- Entrepreneur 360 Company
- Louisiana Growth Leader, 2020 and 2021
- Council for Opportunity in Education Preferred Provider of ACT
& SAT Prep
- #1 Provider of ACT Preparation (> 5% of all U.S.
Our diverse team consists of compassionate, intelligent, and highly
energetic individuals. Remote team members are connected to the
whole through appropriate touch-points, support, and
We invest in our team. Come grow with us!by Jobble
Keywords: Masteryprep, Baton Rouge , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!