IT Project Manager Patient Access
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 26, 2022
IT Project Manager Patient Access - 2210626Job : Professional
and ManagerialPrimary Location : Work from HomeOrganization :
Patient Access Services 303220Shift: : First ShiftDescriptionJOB
SUMMARY:Leads project management for assigned workstream projects
within waves of the Vanderbilt Advanced Scheduling Program (VAS
Program) under occasional guidance. Works with customers to
understand and analyze operational procedures, requirements,
processes and/or other needs to bring about successful completion
of the project.POSITION: Full-Time, ExemptView how Vanderbilt
Health employees celebrate the difference they make every
day:Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:Located in
Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of
individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of
changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be
valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It
is a place where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning and
leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees
know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves,
take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was
good enough yesterday. Vanderbilts mission is to advance health and
wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education,
and research.VUMC Recent AccomplishmentsBecause we are committed to
providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are
proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and
metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of
the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty
programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe
Carell Jr. Childrens Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the
Best Childrens Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric
specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcares Most Wired: Among the nations 100 most-wired
hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical
- Beckers Hospital Review: named as one of the 100 Great
Hospitals in America, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health
Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100
Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 childrens hospitals in the
to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School
of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their
peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a
row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ
Healthcare Equality.KEY RESPONSIBILITIESThe IT PROJECT MANAGER has
full responsibility and accountability for specific projects within
VAS Program waves to:
- Gather and apply lessons learned from other VUMC projects and
waves of the VAS program
- Ensure all stakeholders and team member understand what is
expected of them and what they should expect from one another
- Lead project planning activities including creation, approval,
and ongoing change control of the project plan to carefully manage
- Proactively track project members progress against their
- Identify, define, teach, and enforce good project management
- Manage daily completion of project priorities, encourage, and
support escalations and perform risk management
- Communicate project status across project team members, upward
for project governance and outward to all stakeholders
- Drive ownership of decisions to correct accountability
- Maintain organization of project deliverablesTECHNICAL
CAPABILITIESPROJECT MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):
- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the
successful completion of specific project goals and
objectives.PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):
- Identifies, analyzes, and improves upon existing business
processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.PROJECT
- Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource
needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable
tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities,
prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for the continuum of
projects. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to
task demands. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if
needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and
measurable units, estimating time and costs appropriate to the
project stage. Works with project management tools.GAP ANALYSIS
- Analyzes the difference between the current and desired state.
The ability to draw appropriate and valid conclusions from data
presented, sifting through data to determine the most significant
elements. Identifying common elements and themes in situations and
actions, recognizing cause and effect relationships.CORE
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the
understanding of how output would affect, and impact other areas
related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately
complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through
experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to
team members.CORE CAPABILITIESSUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm
in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain
knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact
with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal
opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and
modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations
and audiences.DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and
future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to
better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different
angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and
develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support
and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees'
effectiveness.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and
informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning
experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes
of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all
aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety
checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.MANAGING RESOURCES
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership,
focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the
departmental work to effectively manage resources for a
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding
of the information or data to identify and elevate
opportunities.FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new
ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve
processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new
technologies, tools, and procedures to address short- term
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as
opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of
emphasizing negative elements.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/STRENGTHS
NEEDED & PHYSICAL DEMANDSMovement
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.,
Walking: Moving about on foot., Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and
lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another, carrying
under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or
shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device., Push/Pull:
Exerting force to move objects away from or toward., Reaching above
shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position, reaching below
shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.,
Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with
fingers requiring fine manipulation., Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring
the use of both hands.Sensory
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
written/verbal/electronic information., Auditory: Perceiving the
variances of sounds, tones, and pitches and able to focus on single
source of auditory information, Vision: Clarity of near vision at
20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth
perception, peripheral vision, color vision., Smell: Ability to
detect and identify odors.Environmental Conditions
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.Basic
QualificationsBachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2
years relevant experience (required), 3 years of relevant
experience prefferedLicensure, Certification, and/or Registration
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force
occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Movement
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify
odors.INDTBReq ID: 2210626Vanderbilt University Medical Center is
committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Baton Rouge , IT Project Manager Patient Access, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!