Automation Technical Professional - New Grad
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Automation Technical
Professional - Junior Level to be located at our office in Baton
Rouge, LA to support of our clients in the local area. This is an
excellent opportunity to support large projects, and work
collaboratively within a strong team to provide end to end
solutions across a variety of industries .
Wood Applied Intelligence is one of the largest vendor-independent
automation and control system integrator in the world with proven
stability for more than 25 years. We pride ourselves on solving
real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering,
consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers
across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects
that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to
Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC
Currently, we will only consider applications from citizens of the
United States or those with the required permit/VISA for this
region, in place.
- Support Automation Engineering efforts for the design and
implementation of control systems for oil & gas and process
industry projects (greenfield and brownfield)
- Support the client on Automation pre-commissioning and
- Be involved in control system engineering and
- Work with P&IDs, Control Philosophies and Safety
- Understand and follow up on deliverables related with control
system configuration such as architectural diagrams, control
narratives, logic diagrams, etc.
- Support content of client's Process Control Specifications and
- Ensure health and safe operation of automation hardware,
software and interfaces
- Periodic travel, including overnight, to client sites to
support project deliverables and activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Electrical
Engineering or Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience.
- Up to 2 years of hands on automation (DCS, SIS, PLCs and
communication) experience in oil & gas, power generation, chemical
and petrochemical industries.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US,
without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to
unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials
markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions
in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Baton Rouge , Automation Technical Professional - New Grad, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!