Functional Safety Automation Technical Professional - Senior Level
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Automation and Controls group are currently recruiting for a
senior level Functional Safety / Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
Technical Professional to be located at our office in Baton Rouge,
LA. Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support
office and home-based assignments.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent
system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than
25 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our
clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and
construction services to our customers across the globe. Our
automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full
spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation
Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering efforts for the design
and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process
industry projects focusing on Functional Safety and Safety
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for all phases of
automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design,
configuration, implementation, testing, startup and
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering design teams for
equipment, instrumentation and SIS configuration modifications
based on the outcome of Functional Safety analysis
- Travel expected to customer locations for project
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Electrical
Engineering preferred, will also consider Technical Diploma with
- Functional Safety Certification required (CFSP/CFSE, ISA84 SIS
Expert or TUV FSeng)
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in control systems
integration with an operating company, systems vendor or
engineering services provider; with a minimum of 3 years of
experience in a functional safety role, supporting functional
safety design and implementation projects.
- Skilled in the application of IEC 61511 / ISA84 and good
understanding of IEC 61508. Knowledge of API14C is highly
- Expertise in functional safety related deliverables, like
Functional Safety Plan, Safety Requirements Specifications, SIL
Verification calculations, Cause and Effects, Validation Test
Procedures and participating in Functional Safety Assessment's and
- Good understanding of LOPA methodology and best practices.
- Expertise with SIL verification tools such as SILSolver and
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work
independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US,
without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to
unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials
markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions
in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Baton Rouge , Functional Safety Automation Technical Professional - Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!