Research & Technology Engineer
Company: NES Fircroft
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Description Client is currently seeking an experienced
R&T Engineer to work within the Bromine Process Engineering and
Development group at our Baton Rouge, LA Process Development Center
(PDC). The Process Engineering and Development group develops and
executes projects to materially improve existing processes at the
PDC and other sites globally. The group also develops and
implements plant processes for new products. We are looking at all
levels of candidates from intermediate to very senior level.
- Collaborate with chemists and other engineers/scientists to
scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to
select the optimal process technology for each process step.
- Analyze existing process problems and define robust and
innovative solutions with limited oversight.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop
process design scope packages for new product commercialization,
large debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major
operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E
performance, etc. This can include leading and/or directing the
efforts of less experienced engineers working on the project.
- Be a key member of commissioning and startup team for new
- Participate in troubleshooting of significant process issues,
- Actively contributing to the innovation and ideation process
through the development and justification of new project proposals.
- Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
- Report writing, presentations, project management, and
potentially supervision responsibilities.
- Continual development of professional skillset. Basic
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering with minimum 2 years of chemical
industry experience or PhD in Chemical Engineering with minimum 1
- Significant proven experience in the areas of process
development, operation and/or design
- Strong safety mindset
- Hands-on process startup and/or operations experience
- Strong command of chemical engineering fundamentals
- Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Initiative, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to periodically travel for domestic and
international project assignments.
- Program / project leadership experience
- Experience leading other engineers and/or chemists
- Detailed design and/or troubleshooting knowledge of some common
process equipment such as distillation columns, pumps, heat
exchangers, reactors, filters, dryers, etc. With over 90 years'
combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's
leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power
& Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and
Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45
countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering
and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is
needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional
recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas
and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and
accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to
support our clients.
Keywords: NES Fircroft, Baton Rouge , Research & Technology Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...