Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate
Company: Phelps Dunbar LLP
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Phelps Dunbar LLP is an AmLaw 200 full-service law firm. Phelps
Dunbar LLP is offering an opportunity for a Commercial Real Estate
Paralegal in the Baton Rouge office. The Commercial Real Estate
Paralegal will perform various substantive legal duties under the
supervision and direction of the attorneys in the Business practice
group. The ideal candidate will have strong technology skills, work
ethic, and attention to detail, with an understanding of real
estate, contracts, and transactional law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with all aspects of complex commercial real estate and
corporate transactions, including creating disbursement statements,
closing documents, and title policies. Past experience should
include experience in all stages of the pre and post-closing
process for commercial real estate and finance transactions,
including, without limitation, communicating with parties to yield
a seamless and efficient closing, ordering title, title review and
clearance, preparing title commitments, obtaining payoff letters,
submitting title requirements to lender, organization of loan
documents, balancing and disbursing closed files, and issuing final
- Analyzes title documents, real property legal descriptions and
- Coordinates with outside title companies and law firms
regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing
- Addresses post-closing matters and oversees preparation of
- Drafts UCC financing statements, contracts, financial
documents, resolutions and corporate documents.
- Meet position billing requirements and required
deadlines.Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. A
four-year college degree and/or a certificate in paralegal studies
is preferred. Significant prior experience may be substituted for a
combination of the educational requirements.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of paralegal experience in the
Business/Corporate area is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must have a high level of computer literacy including
proficiency in MS Office Software Suite and a working knowledge of
a document management system.
- Ability to utilize current technology is required. Experience
using electronic resources and support software is strongly
- Excellent time management, organizational abilities, attention
to detail and strong proofreading skills are also required.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to perform responsibilities as outlined above, both in
terms of quality and quantity of work.
- Ability to meet firm billing requirements.
- Ability to work independently; degree of motivation and
- Dependability and cooperation with attorneys, clients and other
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Keywords: Phelps Dunbar LLP, Baton Rouge , Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate, Legal , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!