Senior System Engineer
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Responsible for maintaining and managing full lifecycle support
of mission-critical systems to allow the business maximum capacity
to deliver on critical needs. As part of the IT team, the Sr.
System Administrator will be a key partner with the business users
to provide business process analysis, process design/improvement,
project planning, system development, implementation, and continued
support of the day-to-day computing operations of the systems
inside the company's IT footprint. The Sr. System Administrator
will work as a functional and technical subject matter expert and
be expected to perform tasks at a highly-skilled level in the
following: network administration, firewall configuration, email
administration, Office365 administration, Microsoft SQL DB
administration, PowerShell scripting, Windows Server Engineering,
Citrix XenApp support, Active Directory Administration. Scripting
abilities and project-lead talents are job requirements. Enterprise
experience is strongly advantageous. Strong time-management,
communication and organizational skills are considered basic
requirements for this position. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:Provide day-to-day support on a range of cloud and
on-premise hardware and software applications and other related
enterprise applications to associates. This will include, but is
not limited to the following:
- Microsoft Azure & O365 Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- PowerShell scripting
- Bulk Automation thru scripting or object-oriented programming
- Ivanti Endpoint Management or similar platform (i.e.
- MDT Asset Imaging
- Network configuration (e.g. Firewalls, switches)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Sage/DM2 ERP and related systems
- Security software and hardware
- Citrix XenApp environment management
- Hardware support including, but not limited to PCs, laptops,
printers, copiers, scanners and associated peripherals required to
run the business
- Develops system configuration and process documentation
- Analyze, Design and Develop - Based on analysis of current
processes, workflows systems design, etc., the Sr. System
Administrator will develop technical designs and implement software
solutions to support business process and security improvements.
Development may include custom programming using approved
development tools and/or package software configuration.
- Project Planning - Formulate, communicate and execute project
plans, with limited supervision. Provide input for project and
departmental budget development
- Professional Development - Develop technical skill sets,
leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and
independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis.
Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to
- Develops and implements new technologies to address changing
enterprise and associate needs.
- Develops automated processes thru scripting/workflow-building
tools and abilities.
- Collaborate with IT staff to learn and support system
- Participates in and manages special projects as required.
- Travel as required (10% - 20%) Knowledge, Skills, and
- Enterprise experience
- Project management
- Microsoft Azure & Office365 Administration
- Microsoft Teams Administration
- Email migrations across various platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SIEM familiarity
- MS Enterprise Agreement - process familiarity
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- Domain Name System (DNS) knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Windows & Active Directory Administration.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Some programming experience preferred in an object-oriented
language (e.g. Python, VB.NET).
- Experience in principles and processes of cryptography
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative
- Sage Software experience preferred (ERP, CRM, SIA, SMI, etc.) -
Prefer Sage100 experience.
- DM2 Software experience a plus.
Keywords: CBTS, Baton Rouge , Senior System Engineer, Other , Lettsworth, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!