Control Systems Engineer
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Control Systems Engineer / Baton Rouge, LA
INNOVASEA - Aquatic Solutions Built for Life Innovasea is
revolutionizing aquaculture by combining technological know-how
with hands-on industry expertise to deliver innovative, end-to-end
solutions that maximize fish grow-out from egg to harvest - whether
on land or in the open ocean.
If you are passionate about technology and eager to build solutions
that will make a difference, we are the place for you. We are
seeking a Control Systems Engineer to help lead the assist with new
design implementations of our automated and remote monitoring and
control systems. Additional tasks involve testing, verification and
customer installations and support. These systems support the
operationalization of land based and open ocean fish farms around
Reporting to the VP of Technical and Field Services, this position
requires the ability to flexibly contribute to multiple projects
simultaneously, while communicating clearly and effectively with
diverse multi-disciplined teams. The position includes
responsibilities at all stages of the control systems lifecycle for
the product portfolio. And a partner who's invested in seeing the
customer succeed. Today. Tomorrow. For life.
Role and Responsibilities
- Full life-cycle development of control systems for aquaculture
systems including recirculating aquaculture systems, feed systems,
buoyancy control systems. This includes requirements definition,
design, development, testing and post-installation support.
- Following engineering design processes utilizing
automation/control development tools and processes based on PLC
architecture to design control system solutions.
- Participate in detailed design, component selection and
qualification, system testing, documentation, and product release
for fielded systems.
- Interface with Innovasea engineers from multiple disciplines,
manufacturing, field installation, customers, and consultants.
- Perform prototype assembly builds of PLC cabinets, electronic
assemblies, and cables.
- Execute tests in the shop and field, install and maintain
equipment at customers sites including land based and boat
- Support business development activities for control system
- Travel to customer sites for installation, commissioning, and
maintenance of support systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Control system definition, design, integration, and testing
- Proficiency with PLC programming languages: Instruction List,
Ladder Diagram, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text, Sequential
- Experience with PLCs (Programable) and VFD from Siemens; WAGO
- Experience with developing user intuitive GUIs via RS
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirements management
- Familiarity with a variety of communication protocols,
including: CANopen, Modbus, Ethernet Serial (RS-232, RS-485).
- Experience with WAGO product line including Ethernet/IP
Couplers w/ControlLogix Bridge Module, remote logic eCockpit a
- LabVIEW Experience a plus.
- Experience with high voltage power distribution up to 480VAC
(3-Phase) is a plus.
- Experience with Ethernet switching, networking, IoT device
- Experience with software version control paradigms, such as
- Experience with cloud storage and hosting services.
- Exposure to scientific data collection, processing, storage,
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least two years' experience with the design and programming
of PLC hardware.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering concepts,
principles, and theories.
- Ability to interpret and update electrical schematics and
- Use of test tools (Oscilloscope, DMM, etc.).
- Proficiency with software development using tools such as
Python, C, Java, etc.
- Sound knowledge of network system administration.
- Familiarity with wireless data protocols.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex systems.
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and time management
- Spanish Language a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or a related
specialized field is required plus a minimum of 3-5 years of
About Innovasea Fueled by leading-edge technology and a passion for
research and development, Innovasea is revolutionizing aquaculture
and advancing the science of fish tracking to make our oceans and
freshwater ecosystems sustainable for future generations. With 250
employees worldwide, we provide full end-to-end solutions for fish
farming and aquatic species research - including quality equipment
that's efficient and built to last, expert consulting services, and
innovative platforms and products that deliver unrivaled data,
information and insights.
How to Apply To apply please send your resume and cover letter
No phone calls, no unsolicited third-party recruiters, or agencies,
Innovasea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Innovasea, Baton Rouge , Control Systems Engineer, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!