Underwriting Team Lead
Company: Nations Lending
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Nations Lending Corporation--- is one of the fastest-growing
mortgage lenders in the US. We're headquartered in the Cleveland,
Ohio area and licensed to lend in all 50 states. With more than 90
branches, we employ more than 1,000 talented people. We empower our
employees to pursue their career goals by supporting their unique
and creative ideas while making our mission of "home loans. made
human.---" an integral part of our company culture. We want you to
Join The Nation! The Underwriting Team Lead works with the
Underwriting Manager to manage a team of underwriters while
maintaining underwriting standards and best practices. They will be
responsible for the day to day responsibilities of coaching and
mentoring the team on all policies and procedure changes to ensure
they are operating efficiently. In cases of overflow/volume the
Lead will underwrite loan files. The Team Lead must be professional
and enthusiastic while delivering exceptional and consistent
customer service internally and to external customers. The Team
Lead will be the first level for escalations and matters of
concern. Essential Functions:
- Provide s leadership and oversight to the Underwriting
Department to ensure company standards are met .
- Assist s the team of underwriters with questions regarding
procedures, products and services.--
- Manage s turn time reports to meet SLA and goals set .
- Identifies inefficiencies, processes and procedures as well as
- Sets clear team member goals and objectives and leads team to
achieve defined metrics .
- Monitors a pipeline of new decision and final approvals by
balancing workload within the team .
- Ensures loans are progressed through the system by following up
on loans experiencing delays .
- Assign s new loan files and monitor s loan reports for
underwriter assignment: assign s the tasks and daily work for
each---underwriter based on loan type, source, capacity etc.--
- Attend s ---Management Team meetings with the Underwriting
Manager, assess es ---information compiled, distribute s as
- Collaborates with sales, underwriting, closing and funding
departments regarding loans .
- Initiates, prioritize s and follows through to resolution on
all rush and escalation requests to other appropriate departments
- Communicates the update, status, and expectation on rush and
escalation requests with all interested parties .
- Generates and monitors the daily pipeline report for team and
reports daily totals to management .
- Pulls team performance data to monitor and measure
productivity, quality and activity levels .
- Train s , develop s , mentor s and coach es team members .
- Provides direct feedback to team members and management on
performance to aid in refinement of existing skills and serve as
resource for team member training.
- Keeps informed of industry specific changes .
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as
a subject matter expert in providing guidance in the development,
evaluation, and implementation of processing system enhancements or
process improvements. Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma required, b achelor's degree in Finance
- 5+ years RECENT underwriting experience required.
- Experience with manual underwrites required.
- Complete familiarity with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA
guidelines and understanding of all facets involved in real estate
- Must possess a knowledge of product mix, appraisals, tax
returns and disclosure compliance .
- Expert at reading and understanding of DU, LP and other AU
- Must be very responsive and able to multi-task .
- Detail oriented with the ability to set goals, meet objectives,
take initiative and complete tasks within deadlines .
- Works with other leaders to establish clear goals and
- Collaborates with others to define problems and desired
- Maintains composure under stress and pressure .
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, high-energy
- Analytical/critical thinking, able to anticipate problems and
resolve early .
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, FHA Connection and other
mortgage related systems .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills . Preferred
- LOS Encompass experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and level-headed in
conflict situations. Nations Lending expressly prohibits any form
of discrimination or unlawful harassment based on race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, sex (including marital status, family
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression). Improper interference with the ability of Nations
Lending employees to perform their expected job duties is
absolutely not tolerated. Nations Lending expressly prohibits any
form of retaliation against individuals who raise any concerns
regarding equal employment opportunities with the Company. Posted
30+ Days Ago Full time REQ1878 About Us We're hiring people who
dream as big as we do. If you're looking for a career, not a job,
it just might be your lucky day.Here's some of what we provide:
REWARDS: Great compensation, great rewards, and a growing company
means new opportunities and great potential for career growth. Hard
work never goes unrewarded here. BENEFITS: An impressive benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time
off.RELATIONSHIPS: Comprehensive training, ongoing education, and
networking opportunities with the best in the business means you'll
get to form lasting relationships with people who can help you make
the most of your life and your career.
Keywords: Nations Lending, Baton Rouge , Underwriting Team Lead, Other , Independence, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!