To assist with the day-to-day store operation and sales
performance to meet or exceed budget while in compliance with
company standards, policies and procedures. To operate the store in
the absence of the store manager.
1. To ensure all new hires are properly oriented, using the
appropriate manual, within the first week ofemployment. To document
that training occurred.
2. To assist the store manager in controlling the expense to
revenue ratio monthly and annually.
3. To train sales associates and court-appointed community
service workers, as assigned by the storemanager.
4. To supervise, discipline and recommend discharge of sales
5. To supervise and motivate store employees to reach production
guidelines, (minimum 125 garments per hour with a minimum quality
standard of 80%), and to be capable of producing aswell.
6. To monitor and assist in the receiving, pricing and
displaying of store merchandise.
7. To record and balance cash register receipts, make bank
deposits and record store transactions.
8. To prepare personnel and payroll records in a timely manner.
To complete accurately other paperwork required in the day-to-day
operation of the store.
9. To use cash register to total sales, accept payment,
authorize voids, returns, exchanges and credits for
10. To ensure proper rotation of store merchandise.
11. To act as a positive role model for employees and trainees
in all aspects of professional performance.
12. To stock adequately. To create a positive public image of
Goodwill through a clean store environment, attractive displays and
presentable, personable personnel.
13. To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the shopping
and back room areas.
14. To keep the store clean and hazard free by vacuuming,
mopping and dusting, (including cleaning the bathrooms.)
15. To observe personnel and safety policies and procedures. To
ensure compliance by store employees.
16. To ensure the hourly floor check and monthly safety
self-inspections are conducted.
17. To attend, as scheduled.
Skills and Abilities:
1. To assist the store manager in achieving/exceeding sales
goals both monthly and annually and to assist in implementing a
contingency plan if goals are not being met.
2. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a
variety of people.
3. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to
the general public.
4. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships
with, and among, store personnel whilemotivating them to their best
5. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice,
including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long hours.
7.Must have access to transportation for personal use during
work time. Must be able to pass MVR check and provide proof of a
valid drivers license, liability insurance, vehicle registration
and a current vehicle inspection sticker.
8. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 #s frequently
and 50 #s occasionally.
9.Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning,
sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
10.Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in
frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
11. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with
occasional periods of high stress.
12. Must accept a transfer when the commute to the new location
is within 20 miles of the original commute.
13. Must have knowledge of mens, womens, and childrens clothing
as well as furniture and household items.
- High School diploma or GED and one year supervisory experience
or a minimum two years in the service industry.
- Must maintain minimum liability automobile insurance as
required by the State of Louisiana and be insurable through the
Companys insurance carrier.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain current
registration and state inspection on personal vehicle.
Powered by JazzHR