Company: Mississippi Lime
Location: Port Allen
Posted on: June 10, 2021
This job is to assist in safe handling of the barges, unloading
of the barges and releasing of the barges at our operation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years of manual labor required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to operator mobile equipment and perform maintenance as
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Assist the Track hoe operator in the unloading of Quicklime
- Secure barge to the T dock with cables upon arrival.
- Inspect the barge upon arrival to the dock prior to the
unloading process beginning. Fill out a report of inspection that
is turned into the Terminal Manager.
- Assist track hoe operator perform the function of opening and
closing the product doors during the unloading process. Assist the
track hoe operator in moving the barge while at the dock
- Operate the Skid steer inside the barge to clean the barge of
all Quicklime at the end of the unloading process.
- Maintain the Skid Steer. Ensure all fluids are checked prior to
- Minor maintenance on dock equipment as needed
- Inspect the barge prior to being released. Fill out a report of
inspection that is turned into the terminal manager.
Direct reports: No
Subordinate supervisors: No
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Mississippi Lime, Baton Rouge , Dockhand, Other , Port Allen, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!