Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ford Gelatt, a SunSource company, is a leader in the
distribution of fluid power and fluid processing components
offering value added services such as design, fabrication,
engineering, and service & repair. We are currently seeking a Shop
Superintendent (Shop Foreman) for our service center located in
Baton Rouge, LA.
The Shop Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and
directing all personnel and activities associates with the
operations of our pump and rotating equipment repair shop. The Shop
Superintendent is responsible for the development, coaching and
leadership of his or her team to ensure the shop is achieving
productivity levels. Along with meeting operational budgets,
customer expectations and company quality standards, the position
also places customer service and safety as top priorities. Shop
Superintendent is responsible for the productivity of the
technician team and therefore needs to meet and/or exceed the job
requirements of shop technician. Must be a Leader by Example.
- Supervise the disassembly, cleaning and inspection (DCI)
process of rotating equipment to be repaired.
- Makes sure dimensional inspections are verified and checked.
Makes sure QC program is adhered to.
- Creates job workscopes and repair tasks.
- Creates job budgets and prepares quotes for customers.
- Supervise inside mechanics and machinists, as well as all work
sent to outside vendors for machining and repair.
- Works closely with Account Managers and Customer Service
Representatives to improve communication regarding repair jobs,
including job status, projected due dates, etc.
- Plan, schedule and assign work (Daily production
- Handles customer calls and shop visits.
- Performs administrative duties, including ordering materials,
submitting and approving technician hours, and conducting
performance reviews w/ assigned team of technicians.
- Maintains a safe work place, and is responsible for
housekeeping, shop cleanliness and orderliness, and reports unsafe
- Performs other duties as required.
General Education and Experience:
- Education - High school diploma/G.E.D. minimum. Formal training
in industrial technology, mechanics or related field which rotating
equipment maintenance is part of the curriculum or Certification
- Experience Minimum 10 years in pump and gearbox repair
experience required, which includes equipment troubleshooting, tear
downs, assembly, and reading of drawings and specifications
required to perform a proper repair. Prior Management experience,
with excellent people skills, is required.
- Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift and carry up to
75lbs intermittently throughout 8 hour day. Position stands 50 to
75% of the workday.
SunSources history of accomplishment and continued growth means
that we give the best condition to energetic, driven people to be
effective in their role. We pride ourselves on a culture that
provides opportunities for development and advancement of our
associates. In addition, we build meaningful relations with our
customers, suppliers and internal associates. We are all bound by a
pledge to a common mission toward providing the highest quality
products and services within our industry and achieving the
companys growth objectives.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in
achieving customer service success through your professional
accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out
Keywords: SunSource, Baton Rouge , Shop Foreman, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!