Don’t you find it helpful when interstate signs tell
you exactly when to exit for food, gas, or lodging?
Would you like to help businesses stand out on the road? If so,
we’d love to have you join our dynamic sales team as an Account
Manager! We need someone who truly appreciates the connection
between marketing and sales, and someone with an eye for catching
people’s attention. Our Interstate Logos office in Baton Rouge, LA
is now hiring a new salary + commission Account Manager to help us
enhance the Interstate Logo Program in the state of Louisiana.
The Interstate Logos division of Lamar Advertising is the
largest provider of contract logo signing and tourist-oriented
directional signing (TODS) programs, partnering with State
Transportation Agencies since 1988. Interstate Logos is a wholly
owned subsidiary of Lamar Media Corp., which is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising
companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of
advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national
brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule,
and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our
business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our
customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have
been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our
mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has
its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation &
benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit
offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan
options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K
plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
First year earning potential for this position is around
$35,000 - $40,000 / year.
The purpose of the Account Manager is to meet and
exceed sales and renewal objectives in the assigned territory by
promoting and selling B2B (Business to Business) interstate logo
signs and/or TODS (Tourist-oriented directional signing). An
Account Manager is expected to use professional sales
techniques, provide exceptional customer service, and develop long
term relationships that grow Interstate Logos sales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by targeting and regularly
calling on by phone and face to face every eligible business within
the assigned territory/account list.
- Responsible for assisting with customer annual renewals
including making calls by phone and face to face to obtain renewal
participation agreements and secure payments.
- Assist participants with the design of their business logo or
TODS, drawing on experience to assist in developing a design that
is legible and utilizes colors that have proven the most effective
- Visit, inspect and verify compliance of each participant in the
assigned territory annually.
- Become proficient in the use of available computer tools and
asset management system (database).
- Continually develop product knowledge and acquire better sales
and customer service skills.
- Assist in monitoring participant payments and collections.
- Promptly respond to and provide resolution for any questions or
concerns by Program participants
- Plan each day, week, and month in advance; plan sales
- Maintain organized, up-to-date records of eligible businesses
and sales activity.
- Ensure your automobile has a neat and professional
- Maintain a professional sales appearance.
- Work a minimum 40 hours, five days a week.
- Travel overnight when necessary.
- Cluster your field work geographically, and manage your time
- Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports.
- Maintain participant files.
- Be prepared to submit daily planners/call reports, sales plans,
and sales forecasts on a timely basis.
- Follow-up on all participant production orders, and ensure
timely sign installations.
- Communicate with participants to resolve any customer issues or
concerns in real time.
- Check signs, participant eligibility, etc. on a regular
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate
vocabulary and grammar to explain information to others
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or
explain policies and procedures.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural,
economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to explain the signing opportunity to potential
participants from installation and product standpoints.
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating
- Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to meet a sales quota.
- Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Ability to cold call businesses.
- Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand
- Skill in working independently and following through on
assignments with minimal direction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree preferred
- Previous sales experience is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is an office and car.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting
(20 to 30 pounds), pushing, reaching, seeing (with focus on
reading, color distinction, acuity, peripheral vision, and depth
perception), some sitting, standing, stooping, walking, talking,
- Nights spent traveling are 25 to 50%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State
or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When
applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily
self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment
to watch this video for clarification
on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal
information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants.
This information may include, for example, name, address, phone
number and other contact information, employment history and
reference contact information, and any other information provided
by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you
consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely
for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar.
Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR