As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair
Center in Baton Rouge, LA you will machine metal parts
components to repair
seals used in industrial settings, such as refineries and
factories. Analyze specifications, set up machines, operate, and
maintain machines. Verify quality of finished work with precision
measurement tools. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to
evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend
Schedule: This is a Weekend role:
Saturday, Sunday and Monday 12 hour shifts.
• Machine low tolerance parts utilizing all
standard machines including manual lathe, manual milling
machine, CNC lathe and CNC
• Meet production goals relating to
efficiency, schedules, and scrap and rework.
the quality of finished work, demonstrating an in-depth
understanding of specifications and
workmanship. Maintain a
safe workplace by wearing PPE, following procedures and rules,
• Clean and maintain machines and tools,
and keep an organized workspace.
• Work closely with other machinists to
discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and
• Collaborate with inventory workers and
engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress.
• Focus on improvement by participating in
continuous improvement team activities.
• Record accurate,
timely data on computer-based systems or in manual
• Apply in-depth
understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and
parts through the
repair or manufacturing
• Apply good understanding of tooling
design concepts and their uses.
• Apply knowledge of equipment applications
in the manufacturing process
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is
• 2 to 5 years machining experience in a
manufacturing or repair environment operating
manual engine lathes,
• Experience in using and interpreting
precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers,
indicators, and depth
• Produce Parts from Engineering Drawings
• Must communicate clearly, understand
instructions, and read instructions in English.
• Standing for long times required,
repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up
• Able to work overtime and weekends as
required on short notice.
• Able to travel to other local Flowserve
sites or customer locations, as required.
• Demonstrated track record of reliable,
dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to
• Must show a customer-service mindset at