Company: Magellan Health
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Facilitates department workflow by supporting clinical team with
various care coordination workflows. Locates community services and
other referral locations for enrollees, arranges access to care,
supports communication with hospitals, and providers.
- Provides non-clinical support to workflows involving
utilization management, case management, disease management, and
- Troubleshoots when an appropriate provider, type of service, or
appropriate level of care cannot be readily found.
- Has current knowledge or researches availability of community
resources and services and link members to appropriate services.
May assist in transitions in care for hospitalized patients and
makes appropriate placements, if needed.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development and career
- Proactively seeks and participates in ongoing training (formal
and informal) in all aspects of the Care Worker role.
- Assists in the mentoring and training of new Care
- Remains responsible for updating self on ever changing
information to ensure accuracy when dealing with members and
- Coordinates and manages distribution of correspondence and
materials to enrollees and providers.
- Participates in operational activities, including data
collection, tracking, and analysis.
Preferred Qualifications:Education: BA: Psychology, Social
Services, or Health Administration., Understanding of plan benefit
structures, psychiatric/medical terminology, and local
For roles supporting the Chronic Pain Management SBU, understanding
of Chronic Pain Management guidelines and workflows is also
Previous experience in a managed care environment, integrated
medical and behavioral health care and/or training in chronic pain
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
Education - Preferred
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Baton Rouge , Care Worker, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!