The Sales Account Specialist provides high quality sales
and service support to local Lamar Account Executives in one or
more Lamar regions to ensure a smooth workflow for out of home
campaigns. The Sales Account Specialist usually supports
about $6 - $12 million in National Sales.
Department & Company Overview:
Lamar’s National Sales department in Baton Rouge’s Corporate
Office is home to 70+ professionals supporting all cycles of the
sales process. Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor
advertising companies in the world. We enjoy a
beautifully renovated office building with a modern design, a
beverage refreshment station, a relaxing dining area, amazing
holiday parties, and a quaint outdoor patio to enjoy the good
Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats,
helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from
the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with
honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open
with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to
the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over
100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While
Lamar is a large company, each department has its own culture and
family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and
Want to hear more about the company? Check out these
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits
package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings
include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options,
dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan,
and incentivized wellness programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working with Local AE’s on outbound customer sales support and
service to help.
- Coordinate work with others.
- Conscientiously and independently carry out assigned
- Follow established guidelines for quality and timeliness.
- Reading and understanding service requests from local AEs and
- Complete assigned tasks, often under time pressure.
- Preparing internal proposal requests in the proposal system,
reviewing proposal information for completeness and accuracy and
then preparing proposal documents for the AE’s.
- Coordinating and securing inventory hold requests and assisting
with internal collecting information for the rate negotiation
- Maintaining accurate records for holds and contracts.
- Creating contracts for campaigns and/or checking customer
contracts for accuracy before processing.
- Overseeing the execution of campaigns (including material
communicating, tracking, posting, take down, etc.) while working
with the Campaign Coordinators to ensure proper and on time
- Auditing, labeling and preparing posting instructions for
distribution, usually by the Campaign Coordinator.
- Completing competitive analysis requests as well as other
reporting and research.
- Completing Post Buy Analysis- Evaluation of a media schedule or
portion of a schedule that has run in order to determine
performance of delivered audience, derived cost efficiency and
other aspects compared to buying objectives.
- Place appropriate emphasis on quality of service and speed of
response in their performance while upholding the department
- Occasional assistance with invoicing/billing research and
- And other sales support related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of advertising.
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative.
- Strong desire to help others, customer service and support
- Ability to anticipate needs of those you work with both
directly and indirectly.
- Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to learn and implement new computer applications
quickly and effectively
- Problem Solving
- Ability to utilize data management techniques and use a suite
of google products like Gmail, Google Docs. Google Sheets etc.
- Strong analytical skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, or
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in data management and Gmail preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is an office or telecommuting for
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include:
lifting less than 25% of the time, reading, color distinction,
acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
- The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending
nights away from home is less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State
or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When
applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily
self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment
to watch this video for clarification
on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal
information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants.
This information may include, for example, name, address, phone
number and other contact information, employment history and
reference contact information, and any other information provided
by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you
consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely
for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar.
Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal
contractor, Lamar is required to comply with federal COVID-19
vaccine mandates. In compliance with these mandates, all employees
must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by December 8,
2021, and will be required to submit their COVID-19 vaccination
status upon hire through our Employee Web Portal. For purposes of
the federal vaccine mandate requirements, an individual is
considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since
the person received the last dose, as recommended by the
manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for
use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been
approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. As an
applicant, you have the same rights to accommodation as employees
under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of
the 1964 Civil Rights Act (Title VII). If an accommodation request
is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request
after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to
fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review
and could result in a denial.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR