Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Port Allen
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The Manual Machinist is responsible for setting up and
machining parts and components to all pumps and decoking equipment
on any machine in our shop. Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Working safely and helping colleagues work safely.
- Complying with all Flowserve policies and procedures.
- Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to machining a
- Follows all routers and machining procedures Machine parts
using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine
lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each
- Ability to hold tolerances within .0005" Inspect parts using
micrometers, gages, etc.
- Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous
improvement of the facility Coordinate with sales, operations,
engineers, and customers as necessary.
- Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making,
problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400
series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of manual machining experience including HBM and / or
- Must have personal set of tools, micrometers, hand grinders,
and roll-around tool box.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently,
able to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Must be able to work overtime hours including weekends and
holidays. Preferred Experience / Skills: Preferred:
- Computer skills, including MS Office applications Primary
Posting Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US Job Posting Category:
Operations Job Advertising Title: Machinist Employment Type: Full
time Country: United States Auto req ID: 53325BRFlowserve is an
equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without
regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate
against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or
disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their
co-workers Click here to learn more.If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process. id="detrack"
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Baton Rouge , Manual Machinist, Other , Port Allen, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!