Medical Assistant I-Denham Springs-Bilingual
Company: Open Health Care Clinic
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Purpose:The MA functions under the
supervision and guidance of the Clinic Manager, RN Case Manager, RN
Team Lead, and/or Provider(s). Participates in the
multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to
patients. They provide clinical support and technical assistance to
the professional medical and other staff. The MA is responsible for
functioning within their assigned privileges based on experience,
training and competency verification Individual must be able to
manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires
excellent customer service skills with patients and their
families.Essential Job Functions including, but not limited to:
- Achieves customer/patients satisfaction bygreetingand
proactivelyattendingto patient needs.
- Responds to patients requestsin a timelyandefficient
- Assists in makingpatient appointments and obtain
- Maintains confidentialityof patients informationatwork and off
- Relayingmessages in a timelymanner to appropriate health
- Participates in performance improvement activities and
- Assists Providers with patient office visits which include,
rooming patients, interviewing patients, recording vital signs
including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, head
circumference and entering information in patient electronic
medical record (EHR).
- Performs point-of-care lab tests; obtain and process specimens
for outside laboratories
- Plans nursing care following agency policies and standard
operating procedures when appropriate.
- Performs tasks delegated by the Provider in accordance with The
Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners and The Louisiana State
Board of Nursing.
- Maintains patient charts as outlined by each practitioner and
according to policy of the Health Center.
- Ensures an efficient system of communication and processing
- Ensures that appointment confirmations are done on a daily
- Participates in morning huddle as assigned
- Orders and retrieves patients medical records, x-ray films,
scans, lab work, etc. in preparation for the patients office
- Assist in making patient appointments and placing necessary
- Performs administrative tasks, including form completions,
prior authorizations, prescription refills and referrals.
- Safety/Infection Control:
- Strictly adheres to Universal Precautions
- Performs aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
- Follows job safety requirement. Reports and documents accidents
or incidents within 24 hours of occurrence to the immediate
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and
re-stocking of all supplies
- Workforce Development:
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge, skills, and
- Attends and participates in in-service, monthly staff meetings,
continuing education offerings, community training events,
conferences, and webinars as appropriateRequired EducationHigh
school diploma or equivalentSkill, Licensure and Knowledge
RequirementsPrevious experience as a Medical Assistant, preferably
in a primary care clinical settingCertification as a Medical
Assistant preferredCurrent Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
requiredPhysical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is requiredWork Environment:The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those the employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and
printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of
time.Travel or Special Requirements:Driving during the workday as
well as local or out of state travel may be required to perform job
Keywords: Open Health Care Clinic, Baton Rouge , Medical Assistant I-Denham Springs-Bilingual, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!