Asphalt Paving Equipment Operator -Natchez, MS
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job ID: - 400985APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a
great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and
paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest
ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four
cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have
great employees that have been with us many years - and hope that
that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one
of the best places to work in Mississippi! -Come join our team -
where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great
benefits!Equipment OperatorDo you want to work for a company that
values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values
safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and
benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then
Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Equipment
Operator today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle
Materials family.Job Description Summary
- The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes
and weights used in road, site or highway construction and
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for
themselves and co-workers.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be
maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer
major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Work RequirementsThe ideal
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated
operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or
training.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Baton Rouge , Asphalt Paving Equipment Operator -Natchez, MS, Other , Natchez, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!