Sr. Designer - Fire Truck Body
Company: Ferrara Fire Apparatus Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Ferrara Fire Apparatus is a premiere manufacturer of fire trucks
and emergency response vehicles offering a full line of pumpers,
aerials, industrial, wildland, and rescue apparatus. Working
hands-on with both municipal and industrial fire departments, the
Ferrara team thrives on diagnosing departments current apparatus
limitations and response needs to custom design the perfect fire
apparatus solution that will stand the test of time.
SCOPE: Design of mechanical and/or electrical components and
systems, working with and through Design Engineers to meet customer
and sales product requirements. Extreme attention to detail,
producing defect-free design packages within the specified
schedule. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge and practical use of drawing and drafting standards.
Dimensioning and tolerancing of detailed drawings conforming to
drafting standards and department policies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes with emphasis on metal
fabrication / assemblies. Application of DFM methodologies to
deliver producible designs to Manufacturing assuring form, fit and
- Create and manage indented BOM in adherence to company
standards. Fully use engineering configuration tools for BOM and
- Problem solving skills from issue identification to root cause
resolution. Support Manufacturing to ensure quality and schedule
commitments are met.
- Awareness and familiarization of regulatory standards - NFPA,
DOT, ULC etc.
- Knowledge and use of lean principles as they apply to
manufacturing and business processes.
- Fulfillment of customer requirements (i.e. quotes, shop orders)
taking into consideration design rules and all applicable interface
points. Hold cross-functional design reviews as appropriate to
solicit input to deliver a robust design that is producible, avoids
interferences and meets all industry and company requirements.
- May be required to participate in customer meetings to
understand design requirements and answer questions regarding
product design parameters and/or limitations.
- Handle engineering changes through established processes and
documentation. OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED
TO:Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed,
to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements. TOOLS
AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Design software like Pro-E, Auto Cad, etc.
- Proficiency in CAD systems - Pro-E and / or Auto CAD
- Associate Degree in an Engineering Field or equivalent
- 5+ years Design work experience
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to
race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual
orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also
undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment
opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with
disabilities, and for protected veterans. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA
RESIDENTSEffective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California
Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a
California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please
click on the link for a description of those rights and how
California residents may exercise them.
Keywords: Ferrara Fire Apparatus Inc, Baton Rouge , Sr. Designer - Fire Truck Body, Other , Holden, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!