Applications Engineer- Mechanical Seals Specialist
Company: Agi Industries
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 21, 2022
AGI Industries is seeking an Applications Engineer specializing in
mechanical seals. This is a full-time position with a growing
company engaged in the oil and gas industry as well as may other
industrial and process industries. Responsible for cultivating
relationships with a wide range of industry markets and customers
in the territory to secure AGI Industries' position as their main
mechanical seal and equipment supplier. A background in mechanical
seals and pumps is preferred. To apply online for or for more
information go to https://www.agiindustries.com/careers/.
Essential Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment
with minimal oversight maintaining a high level of activity by:
- Managing time well,
- Utilizing organizational and planning skills,
- Highly detail oriented,
- Working to anticipate customer needs and demands, and
- Collaborate and work efficiently as part of a team.
- Work closely with customers on:
- Conducting seal as found reports, root cause analysis in
troubleshooting current systems to provide customer recommendations
- Working to develop new installations and requirements, and
- Coordinating service needs for products we represent as well as
- Work with internal sales and application personnel on:
- System development for expansions and new applications,
- Develop solution options for customers, and
- Traveling with company sales team members to promote and sell
mechanical seals and meet annual targets.
- Work closely with our vendor to:
- Effectively support and develop recommendations and quotes,
- Maintain and keep updated our vendor portal including seal
- Assist in maintaining company seal inventory levels per
vendor's distribution inventory program.
- Remain current with mechanical seal product training.
- Identify mechanical seal, pump, and pump service and repair
growth markets in the assigned geography, working with key vendor
for inroads into those markets.
- Create and perform face to face meetings and presentations with
current and potential customers (maintenance, production,
management, engineers, planners, specifiers, etc.).
- Perform all reasonable tasks as assigned by direct supervisor
or company management.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills for quote,
presentation, and document development.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years industry experience with mechanical seals,
centrifugal pumps and fluid dynamics.
- Valid Driver's License. PI191189376
Keywords: Agi Industries, Baton Rouge , Applications Engineer- Mechanical Seals Specialist, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!