Project Scheduler (Hybrid) - Baton Rouge, LA
Company: S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 22, 2022
S&B is a full-service Engineering, Procurement, Construction
and Fabrication company that has been privately owned and operated
for more than 50 years. S&B projects span multiple industries
including Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Energy Transition,
Power and Pulp & Paper. We have a strong reputation for completing
projects safely, on time and under budget and our company culture
is second to none. We offer a competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits and flexible work schedules.Under general
supervision, the Project Scheduler assignments of limited scope
relating to the cost engineering, planning and scheduling of
various phases of design and/or construction projects. The employee
must be capable of applying standard techniques, procedures, and
criteria in carrying out a sequence of related cost engineering and
planning and scheduling tasks for a design and/or construction
project. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems
requiring job knowledge and abilities beyond entry
level.EDUCATIONNormally requires a two-year technical degree.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in related area is preferred (CM, CE, IE) but years
of related experience will be considered.
- Detailed schedule development, resource loading, maintenance on
- Primavera P6, Microsoft Project software experience is
- 0-10 years of experience in Engineering/Construction related
industryTYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in establishing an initial budget for selected
segments of projects and prepares subsequent budget updates.
- Monitors actual versus budgeted costs, prepares trend analyses
to identify specific problem areas, and submits recommendations for
corrective action to immediate supervisor for review.
- Prepares and submits bid evaluations to immediate supervisor
- Participates in the integration of the project estimate and
schedule to forecast cash flow requirements.
- Prepares standard cost controls reports and forecasts.
- Participates in engineering cost studies.
- Prepares conceptual, preliminary and definitive estimates.
- May compile and organize cost data for input into computerized
project controls systems and review and issue resultant
- Prepares drafts of network logic diagrams for standard segments
of a project.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of critical path
plans and schedules.
- Compiles and organizes schedule data (e.g. manpower estimates,
drawing schedules, procurement schedules, etc.) for input into
computerized project controls systems.
- Reviews and issues computerized schedule reports.
- Obtains data on project progress, logic and manpower from
project engineers, contractors and/or client.
- Monitors schedules by tracing critical paths and reconciling
logic diagrams with network analysis information.
- Monitors and updates short cycle schedules relating to
engineering drawings, procurement, equipment lists, etc.
- Identifies and resolves schedule conflicts.
- Reviews short-cycle schedule impacts and prepares CPM (Critical
Path Method) schedule analysis.
- Attends schedule review meetings to discuss project
- May collect historical engineering, procurement, and
construction data for reporting and predicting project trends.
- Prepares standard segments of project status reports.LANGUAGE
SKILLSAbility to read and write in the English
language.MATHEMATICAL SKILLSBasic mathematical skills
required.PHYSICAL DEMANDSMay require occasional field trips or
assignments to plants. This requires the ability to stand, walk,
reach, climb and balance. It also requires clear, close and
distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENTMost work is conducted in a professional business
setting. Occasional field trips or assignments to the field will
require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working
near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic
chemicals and airborne particles. LI-HybridPosting Title/Job
Location: Project Scheduler (Hybrid) - Baton Rouge, LA ID: 10109
External Company Name: S & B Engineers and Constructors External
Company URL: www.sbec.com
Keywords: S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd., Baton Rouge , Project Scheduler (Hybrid) - Baton Rouge, LA, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!