Industrial Combo Welder
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Combo Welder Combination Welders must have industrial welding
experience in a petrochemical or related industrial fabrication
facility. Welders having the ability to read and interpret
blueprints, ISO's, field drawings, and material takeoffs a plus.
Welders will perform a range of duties which will include but is
not limited to welding various metals using processes such as SMAW,
GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW. Welders are responsible for selecting,
setting up, and staging the proper equipment for their jobs and
that each are in ample supply and working order. This includes
welding machines, gases, tools, and other consumables. Welders are
also responsible for double checking the fit of pipe or other
structural pieces and to allow for proper attachment. Attention to
safety and detail are of the utmost importance. Welders must
successfully pass pre-employment weld tests as part of the
- Industrial Combo welding experience with GTAW and SMAW.
- Must pass GTAW & SMAW manual welding procedures test.
- Current Basic Orientation Plus (Safety Council Card) or within
3 months expiration.
- Current TWIC card
- Have three (3) or more years' experience in your craft.
- Compliance with designated welding procedures and
- Follow established job-site safety and work regulations, as
well as maintaining a safe and clean work area. Identify safety
hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all
necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut,
assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular
products; install supports, valves and other control equipment;
test installed piping systems and install all other related items
in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt,
clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld
components according to specific process and code.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans,
specifications and industry standards.Physical Requirements
- Significant and sustained periods of standing, walking,
bending, squatting and lifting.
- Good communication skills (speaking and actively listening)
with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform precision
adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and
pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off
of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300' utilizing proper fall
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long
distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including
but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be
able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear
plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe
boots.We offer our employees a competitive salary and are always
looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to
contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: EMCOR, Baton Rouge , Industrial Combo Welder, Other , Donaldsonville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!