Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 23, 2022
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of
patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in
collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate
support services for the age population served, as defined in the
department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates patient assessment through collection of patient's
* Prioritizes data collection based on the patient's immediate
condition or needs.
* Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and
* Involves the patient, significant others and health care
providers as appropriate.
* Performs functional, nutritional and other screenings and ensures
triggers are complete.
* Identifies and coordinates the need for further assessment by
* Documents patient care assessments in the medical record.
2. Analyzes patient assessments to determine nursing diagnoses and
identifies expected outcomes.
* Determines nursing diagnoses using assessment data.
* Identifies patient outcomes based on the nursing diagnoses.
* Outcomes are prioritized based on the patent's condition and
* Nursing diagnoses and outcomes are documented in the medical
* Triage assessment on all patients and follows protocols according
to established department guidelines and policies.
* Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every age
* Demonstrates proficiency in the management of patients receiving
3. Coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
* Collaborates with appropriate disciplines and integrates various
assessments to formulate an individualized plan of care based on
patient needs and current nursing practice standards.
* Reviews and updates the plan of care as the patient condition
changes, at least every day.
* Documents the plan of care in the medical record.
4. Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to
deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards,
and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
* Uses interventions that are consistent with the patient's plan of
* Maintains patient rights.
* Ensures that patients receive the appropriate treatments and
medications in a timely manner.
* Delegates patient care to other members of the health care team;
ensures the delegated task(s) are within the scope of practice of
the assigned individual and maintains oversight and
* Coordinates direct patient care from appropriate support
* Provides individualized patient education to patient and
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan patient
* Documents all treatments, medications, patient/family education
and ongoing assessments.
5. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of
* Performs ongoing and systematic reassessment according to
department standard or more frequently based on patient
* Revises nursing diagnoses, outcomes and plan of care based on
* Involves the patient, significant others and healthcare team in
the evaluation and update of plan of care as appropriate.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of treatments, medications and
6. Responsible for the assessment and care of patient recovering
from Cardiovascular Diagnostic procedures.
* Proficiently assesses and manages the CVDL patient care.
7. Responsible for assisting and monitoring during Cardioversion
* Correctly sets up procedure following department guidelines.
* Monitors settings and correctly makes adjustments as needed.
* Demonstrates proficiency in the application of electrodes and
8. Administers and monitors Procedural Sedation.
* Demonstrates proficiency in management of patients receiving
9. Responsible for performing appropriate interpretation of ECG
rhythm strips and management of interventions.
* Identifies and notifies physician of significant changes in
* Demonstrates proficiency in the interventions for cardiac
arrhythmias according to AHA standards of Advanced Cardiac Life
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1 year Nursing experience preferred
ACLS within 1 year
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana RN licensure
Knowledge of basic ECG rhythm interpretation
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical
records related to quality data, patient financial information,
patient billing 3rd party, patient related complaints, information
related to patient location, and/or patients' religious
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers medications/blood products, receives
orders for patients, validates patients for any procedure/surgery,
transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including
infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms, and collects blood
Basic EKG interpretation
minimum of 1 year of tele, ICU, ER experience preferred
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , RN- CVRA, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!