Loan Operations Specialist II
Company: Investar Bank National As
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job Function - Ensures the accurate documentation, closing,
booking, servicing and imaging for various loan types originated by
the Bank. May also be assigned special projects and/or called upon
to perform a degree of management responsibilities in the absence
of the manager. Job Responsibilities - Ensures that new loans and
renewals are closed in compliance with the Bank's loan policy and
in compliance with any other requirements designated by the credit
approval authority. Supports loan officers by communicating with
customers, attorneys, appraisers, insurance agents, etc. to
coordinate the details of loan closings. Accurately generates loan
documents in an efficient manner. Independently and accurately
creates documentation to close commercial loans, real estate loans
and all consumer loans without the assistance of counsel. Drafts
preliminary waivers of loan agreements, amendments to loan
agreements, and other various agreements, as requested by Lenders.
Reviews title commitments and surveys to ensure that the commitment
is satisfactory and does not contain any exceptions that are
unacceptable to the Bank. Tracks outstanding documentation
exceptions and critical dates. Coordinates the disbursement of
funds for the various types of loan closings and performs
post-closing document reviews, and the booking of these loans.
Ensures timely generation escrow payments and fulfill other
servicing requirements for the conventional mortgage portfolio.
Assists other less experienced Loan Operations staff in: ---
Identifying and clearing all collateral exceptions within
appropriate time periods.--- Reviewing loan documents drafted by
outside counsel, for all loans, to ensure that the documents comply
with the requirements of the appropriate credit approval
authority.--- Reviewing files for all loans and identify any
existing collateral defects. Ensures that own work is in compliance
with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines. All
other duties as assigned. Education and Related Experience -
- Bachelor's degree, notarial commission, paralegal certificate
or equivalent work experience required working in the loan
operation functions for a financial institution required.
- 2+ year's previous loan administration experience. Skills and
- Through understanding of PC based word processing and
- Understanding of PC applications
- Thorough understanding of the Laser Pro System
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing/booking
- Thorough understanding of the principles governing loan
documentation and the perfection of security interests
- Thorough understanding of the loan operations function
- Ability to gather and analyze data to reach a decision to
resolve any issues
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational/planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Independent and sell motivated
- Detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills Working Conditions and/or
Physical Requirements -
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the
essential job functions.
- Ability to read and interpret a document.
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required
to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable
to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without
causing the department an "undue hardship" then the employee must
be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled PI197073986
Keywords: Investar Bank National As, Baton Rouge , Loan Operations Specialist II, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!