Adjunct Faculty - MSN - School of Nursing
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 24, 2022
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Teaches nursing theory, supervises
clinical practice, evaluates clinical performance and provides
feedback to enhance learning for students in the School of Nursing.
Demonstrates and teaches nursing care of patients in classroom and
clinical settings to nursing students. Practices within legal and
ethical parameters set forth by the Louisiana State Board of
Nursing and upholds education standards set forth by the
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Performs
job duties for all age populations served, as defined in the
department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Facilitates student learning by creating a supportive
environment in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings for
achievement of desired cognitive, affective and psychomotor
outcomes and uses a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate
* Implements a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to
learner needs, desired learner outcomes, content and context.
* Grounds teaching strategies in educational theory and
evidence-based teaching practices.
* Engages in self-reflection and continued learning to improve
teaching practices that facilitate learning.
* Uses information technologies skillfully to support the
* Practices oral, written and electronic communication that
reflects an awareness of self and others, along with an ability to
convey ideas in a variety of contexts
* Models critical, reflective thinking and creates opportunities
for learners to develop clinical reasoning skills.
* Uses literature to develop a variety of evidence-based assessment
and evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the learning
goals and provides data to enhance the teaching-learning
* Provides timely, constructive and thoughtful feedback to
2. Facilitates learner development and socialization by recognizing
the nurse educator's responsibility for helping students develop
and integrate values and behaviors of the registered nurse
* Identifies individual learning styles and unique learning needs
of international, adult, multicultural, educationally
disadvantaged, physically challenged, at-risk and second degree
* Provides resources to diverse learners that help meet their
individual learning needs.
* Engages in effective advisement and counseling strategies that
help learners meet their professional goals.
* Creates learning environments that are focused on socialization
to the role of the nurse and facilitate learners' self-reflection
and personal goal setting.
* Assists learners to develop the ability to engage in thoughtful
and constructive self and peer evaluation.
* Models professional behaviors for learners including, but not
limited to, involvement in professional organizations, engagement
in lifelong learning activities, dissemination of information and
3. Participates in curriculum design and evaluation of program
outcomes that reflect contemporary health care trends and prepares
graduates to function effectively in the healthcare
* Ensures that the curriculum reflects institutional philosophy and
mission, current nursing and health care trends and community and
societal needs to prepare graduates for practice in today's complex
and dynamic environment.
* Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum development including
identifying program outcomes, developing competency statements,
writing learning objectives and selecting appropriate learning
activities and evaluation strategies.
* Bases curriculum design and implementation decisions on sound
educational principles, theory and research.
* Revises the curriculum based on assessment of program outcomes,
learner needs and societal and health care trends and implements
* Creates and maintains community and clinical partnerships that
support educational goals.
4. Is knowledgeable about the educational environment within which
they practice and functions as a change agent and leader to create
a preferred future for nursing education and nursing practice.
* Uses knowledge of history and current trends and issues in higher
education as a basis for making recommendations and decisions on
educational issues and to promote innovative practices in
* Develops networks, collaborations and partnerships to enhance
nursing's influence within the academic community.
* Determines own professional goals within the context of academic
nursing and the mission of the hospital and nursing program.
* Assumes a leadership role in various levels of institutional
* Models cultural sensitivity when advocating change.
* Participates in interdisciplinary efforts to address health care
and educational needs locally, regionally and nationally.
* Provides leadership in the parent institution, as well as in the
nursing program to enhance the visibility of nursing and its
contributions to the academic community.
5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Two years of nursing practice in a clinical setting.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana RN licensure and Master's of Science in Nursing
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules,
information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or
public health records.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers/collects meds/bloods order,
transports/monitors or observes patients with infusion pumps,
validates, monitors clinical alarms for all age groups.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Adjunct Faculty - MSN - School of Nursing, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!