Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Company: AmediSys, inc
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Description - Accounts Receivable Coordinator (22014767)
Requisition Title Accounts Receivable Coordinator Job Number:
22014767 Caregiving is our Calling At Amedisys whether we're caring
for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a
caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of
providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to
thousands of patients and families every day. You'll join a
mission-driven company dedicated to innovation, growth and
supporting our frontline caregivers with the best and most
up-to-date resources available so they can do what they do best. If
you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can
put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day
and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Line of
Business Corporate Schedule Full-time Primary Location United
States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge What You Will Do
Reviews and researches problem claims to ensure proper payment
according to reimbursement schedule.
- Reviews and processes problem claims for billed services.
Reviews any denials and works toward resolution of the claim.
- Responds to payor requests for additional information regarding
claims and communicates such requests to the agencies.
- Generates aging reports and identifies unpaid claims or
disputed charges/claims and initiates subsequent requests for
payments, resubmits claims, or submits invoice to a secondary
- Initiates or responds to calls and other inquiries regarding
the status of claims.
- Maintains automated and manual systems related to accounts
receivable with accurate information.
- Prepares accurate drafting, typing, compiling, copying, and
distributes a variety of materials such as statistical reports,
aging reports, and requests for additional information, memos, etc.
timely and as necessary.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Provides other administrative support to the department as
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or other payor's
guidelines and criteria for reimbursement.
- Strong data entry skills and ability to type 40-50 wpm with a
high level of accuracy.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Ability to use standard office equipment to include copiers,
fax machines, and other methods of electronic communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when
responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and
external customers. Preferred
- Post-Secondary education or training in business or medical
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare preferred. Amedisys is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status,
national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status,
sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any
other legally protected characteristic. Benefits and More Amedisys
cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our
patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the
opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
Keywords: AmediSys, inc, Baton Rouge , Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!