Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Material Handler? At HealthTrust
Performance Group, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up
to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsHealthTrust Performance
Group, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Material Handler like you to be a
part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsSeeking a
detail-oriented inventory and stocking specialist for our Material
Handler I position. As a Material Handler I, you will be
responsible for providing the highest level of accuracy within each
aspect of customer-order fulfillment. Our Material Handlers are
dedicated to providing the materials needed toensure quality
carecan be delivered to our patients. Submit your application with
HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part
of a team. In this role, you will:
- Receive, stock/replenish and select product then route
completed orders to the appropriate trailer.
- Verify, checks quantities, and insures label accuracy on all
- Operate and use computer systems to complete daily tasks as
- Effectively practice and promote teamwork in all duties.
- Ensure all actions are consistent with objectives and goals for
department, distribution center, and health system.
- Maintain knowledge of products and procedures relative to job
duties, distribution center, pharmaceutical repackaging, and health
- Provide proper communication of unresolved issues or required
maintenance in a timely manner.
- Identify, adapt, and pursue priorities; Utilize available work
hours effectively and actively seeks other tasks upon
- Maintain a safe work environment, and wear proper personal
protective equipment when appropriate.
- What you should have for this role:
- High School Diploma or GED is Preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar position is
- Knowledge and/or experience with Warehouse Management
- Knowledge and experience with lot controlled and expiration
dated product handling.
- Demonstrated mathematical ability to count accurately and
follow written instructions.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex instructions
- Ability to reach and lift supplies and boxes of reasonable
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely and
repetitively lift and carry a 50 pound load as exhibited during a
post-offer functional capacity testing process.
- Ability to work long hours in a warehouse preparing and loading
- Familiarity with computers and keyboard proficiency. This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).HealthTrust Supply Chain is a
critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve
performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical
and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best
practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor
cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By
improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on
our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Material Handler opening. Qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join
our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Baton Rouge , Material Handler, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!