Business Development Representative
Company: Sparrows Group
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Industrial Business Development Representative
Baton Rouge, LA
By applying the highest standards of leadership and business
acumen, to ensure that the financial and business targets agreed
with the Sparrows Directorate are exceeded.
Contributing to marketing of the Sparrows services, products, and
Working with and assisting the Global Business Development
Assisting the Business Development team with ideas, marketing copy
and contacts relating to their business units.
Undertaking visits to current and potential clients to promote all
services and products
· Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers of oil
companies, marine companies, alternative energy companies,
fabrication, and shipyards.
· Ensures that Sparrows Offshore is on the "approved vendors" for
all products and services.
· Monitors the timing of potential sales opportunities and keeps
management advised in an effort to coordinate activities that may
be necessary to ensure Sparrows Offshore maximizes
· Anticipate and communicate market opportunities so as to position
Sparrows Offshore to participate as appropriate.
· Represent Sparrows Offshore in technical/commercial inquiries and
sales opportunities as appropriate.
· Keep management advised of any potential business
· Maintain active interest in revenue collection.
· Assist in problem resolution between customers and company.
· Initiate and update opportunities in CRM.
· Participate in bi-weekly control room meetings and monthly
pipeline review meetings.
· Assist with monthly reporting.
· Maintain sales material for presentations and quotations.
· Establish and maintain a core customer base.
Ensuring that profit and business targets are agreed and achieved
for the business by:
Consulting with and assisting the Business Development Manager and
Directorate in the setting of targets for their allocated Business
Fulfilling the tasks described in this job description.
Preparing and fulfilling a strategic plan for the growth of the
area of the business by taking a lead role in the following:
Budget creation and management.
Identifying new business opportunities
Delivering existing and new business opportunities.
Actively marketing all Group services to client base.
Ensuring that all business development activities are completed to
the company's satisfaction by maximizing the financial benefit to
Assist in creating a Business Development Plan.
Communicating effectively with the client.
Creation and continual review of Business development and Sales
Gaining customer feedback by customer satisfaction surveys.
Planning and attendance of necessary sales and business development
Ensuring that all business transactions are completed to the
highest ethical and professional standards and comply with the
Sparrows Group policies.
Undertaking any other reasonable and legitimate duties assigned by
the Business Development Manager.
It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with and follows the
Company's Policy for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and
takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the
Management Systems to maintain our system certification. The
incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual
or potential problems with products, services or systems to the
HSE(Q) Department Manager.
The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under
country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all
Company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage
and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency. The
incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety
arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting
them while on the Company premises.
SUPPORTING A FIRST CLASS SAFETY CULTURE AND ENSURING ENVIRONMENTAL
· Lead by example and communicate to all of their personnel that
safe work and safe operations is an absolute requirement and not
just an option.
· Intervening whenever they see a violation and holding a one to
· Taking part in Workplace Safety Reviews and observation
programmes on a regular basis and reporting findings to the HSE(Q)
· Ensuring that HS&E risks in their business area are assessed,
documented and that the control measures are communicated
effectively to the workforce to prevent accidents and
· Ensuring that any incidents in their business area are reported
immediately and thoroughly investigated.
· Seeking the advice and guidance of the VP,HSEQ to address any
potential or actual issues.
· Ensuring that any spills are dealt with by prompt emergency
response to prevent pollution from reaching ground water and are
reported promptly to the HSE(Q*) Department.
The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and
the incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other
appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required
which are within their capability and competence.
Keywords: Sparrows Group, Baton Rouge , Business Development Representative, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!