Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Location: Morgan City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Installation Supervisor directs activities of workers concerned
with construction of Sub-Sea oil and gas infrastructure, dams,
pipelines, or other construction projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfaces with clients and client third party representative,
marine personnel and different OII divisions to orchestrate the
successful execution of our clients' projects.
- Studies specifications to plan and commensurate the procedures
for installation or IMR activities on basis the of starting and
completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of
- Assists project managers with development of procedures and
tooling in preparation for Installations or IMR projects
- Informs Operations Manager of condition of vessel and OII dock
areas in relation to project activities
- Serves as principle HSE agent on vessel for OPG activities.
Liaison for OPG to Marine Division
- Directs and supervise riggers and 3rd party laborers.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and
subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures,
interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of
projects and mobilizations.
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to
resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and
inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve
installation and mobilization problems and improve methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms
to specifications and the adherence to project schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and
costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or
reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- 3 to 5 Five (3) years' experience in Deepwater Installations as
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- Gulf Safe Training.
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival
- Valid Passport.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ensures that important information from management is shared
with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept
informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place
within area of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety
of analytical techniques in order to make well informed
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Influences others to translate vision to action.
WORKING CONDITIONSThis position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which
is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels
and the lights are intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY/REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position is
considered HEAVY work.OCCASIONAL
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Baton Rouge , Installation Supervisor, Other , Morgan City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!