MRI Tech- Full Time
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To perform radiographic exams to include
all modalities covered under the staff radiographer's license. To
monitor and evaluate patient care quality and efficiency as part of
a multi-disciplinary team and appropriate for the age population
served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
- Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
- Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
- Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
- Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
- Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines and the GHS
Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
- Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
- Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
- Maintains professional relationships with appropriate
officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair
and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
- Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
- Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty,
sincerity, and fairness.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
- Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving
excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
- Willingly participates in organization and/or department
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
- Effectively manages time and resources
- Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
- Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
- Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates
and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
- Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
- Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and
employee safety standards at all times.
- Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Performs radiologic procedures in accordance with unit-based
standards of practice.
- Transfers, positions and instructs patients regarding the
- Consistently produces images of high technical quality.
- Positions patients and operates equipment to produce most
reliable and informational data.
- Transports patient to radiographic room; prepares and maintains
room following BRGMC Safety Guidelines.
- Utilizes immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of
specific areas of the body while maintaining patient safety and
- Assesses data reflective of each patient's status and
interprets information needed in order to identify each patient's
age requirements relative to his or her age specific health care
- Demonstrates correct and safe operation of radiographic
- Correctly uses monitoring devices.
- Complies with room technique.
- Demonstrates correct preparation and use of contrast media
(Oral contrast, IV administration, Lower GI contrast, Retrograde
- Practices effective communication that enhances teamwork and
quality of care.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxiety and obtain
- Recognizes adverse reactions and responds appropriately through
action and communication with other staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates age specific care awareness by communicating at
appropriate level of complexity and word choice for the age of
patient undergoing procedure.
- Performs MRI exams in accordance with unit based standards of
- Scans patient in accordance with protocol set forth by
- Properly records all necessary data pertinent to
- Correctly sets scanning equipment and operates to produce high
quality diagnostic data.
- Demonstrates correct technique in positioning patients and
preparing patient for scan.
- Cooperates with co-workers by providing support when
- Ensures customer safety by following proper scan criteria.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contra-indications as relates to MRI
- Maintains ongoing dialogue with Radiologist regarding patient
history and exam protocols.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Approved MRI training preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Holds current Louisiana State license to perform in the capacity of
Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy preferred
National Certification Preferred
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules,
information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or
public health records, medical records related to quality/data,
patient financial information and/or 3rd party billing,
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers/receives/collects meds/blood, orders or
products, validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for
procedures including infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms for
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- Reference DOT 078.362-026 - RADIOLOGIC
TECHNOLOGIST (medical serv.) alternate titles: radiographer; x-ray
technologist - STRENGTH: L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds
of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently,
and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly:
activity or condition exits 2/3 or more of the time) to move
objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for
Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a
negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it
requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when
it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or
pulling or far or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires
working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing
and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those
materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of
maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial
setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though
the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , MRI Tech- Full Time, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!