Posted on: January 25, 2023
Helpers (includes helpers 0 months- helper 42 months) - Preferred
minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft
discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret
instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job
responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of
experience and assigned job step.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping
systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and
pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for
steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and
production and processing systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and
equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders,
according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and
activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting
torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and
pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or
cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers,
using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning
systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and
hydraulic controls and piping,
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and
observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing
facility to detect machinery malfunctions. May operate machinery to
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and
work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines,
figures and objects.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous
years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has
knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Relies on instructions and
pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not
typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically
reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 60% Walking 20% Sitting 20%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process may make their request known by e-mailing
HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for
Keywords: APTIM, Baton Rouge , Pipefitter Helper, Other , Plaquemine, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!