Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Five-s Group
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job DescriptionJob Summary:The Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) is
responsible for the efficient operation of construction equipment,
including excavators, bulldozers, off road trucks, and tractors
with pans. They operate equipment to assist in the construction of
structures, roads, subdivisions, plants, and others. The HEO works
in coordination with our projects to deliver work that align to the
organizations strategic vision and closely with the
superintendents, and the rest of operations team for all Five-S
projects. The position requires the exercise of discretion,
decision making and independent judgment.Job Responsibilities but
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with project
specifications, the company's operating safety policies and
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are
maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner. Collect and
dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
- Observe distribution of material to adjust machine settings or
material flow and indicate low spots for workers to add
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to
required work area.
- Performs pre and post inspections and performs minor
maintenance of the equipment.
- Performs assignments as directed or as responsibilities
- Performs general labor duties when necessary.
- Recognize the importance of safety on the job site. Always
ensure awareness of ground crew. Attend daily and weekly safety
meetings and inspections.Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in operation of excavators, bull
dozers, off road trucks, and tractor with pans in civil
- Experience working on and performing daily inspections and
maintenance on a variety of Excavators, Dozers, Front-End Loaders,
Packers, and tools necessary in the assistance of the job.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out
- Must have knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions
and safety rules and regulations and learn client and company
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must pass all company and other required drug and alcohol
- Be a team player, with a willingness to assist in a variety of
roles on the site.
- Travel to project locations is required.Five-S is an equal
opportunity employer.Company DescriptionFive-S is a civil
construction firm whose reputation is dynamic services and
solutions provider. Whether the job involves performing site prep,
drainage, concrete, road construction, constructing levees,
remediating or constructing landfills, furnishing materials, or
logistics solutions to transport, unload and deliver your
materials, Five-S has an experienced project team committed to the
excellent quality and reliability our customers demands. Five-S
Group has also been known to stretch its innovation and portfolio
to support the needs of its clients. However, what truly
differentiates us from our competitors is our ability to offer
innovative, turnkey solutions for site development.by Jobble
Keywords: Five-s Group, Baton Rouge , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!