Company: Oceaneering International
Location: Morgan City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Shop Helper is to perform onshore pre-job,
maintenance and post-job tasks on all SSR and client owned
equipment. No offshore activities will be performed in this
Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist all technicians as required in the Workshop/yard.
* Perform pre-job, maintenance and post-job on all equipment used
* Chip, Grind and Paint equipment.
* Load, unload and move equipment as required.
* Assist with the disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and testing
* Troubleshoot, identify, repair, or replace defective parts.
* Attend training sessions and maintain credentials as needed.
* Pressure wash, clean, and put away all equipment that is used on
* Maintain housekeeping in the work area. Ensure shop and yard are
cleaned up, tools and equipment are put away, trash cans are
* Work in a team environment in the shop and yard.
* Assist crane operator in loading and unloading of all equipment,
maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
* Other duties as required.
* Familiarity with of computer basics, Word, Excel, etc.
* Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
* Experience in an industrial and shop environment.
* Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic
* Technical school education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
* Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
* Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
* Treats others fairly and with respect.
* Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business
goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy,
operating principles and values, etc.
* Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
* Seeks out new learning experiences.
* Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being
asked or required.
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS WORK which is
characterized as follows.
* Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
* Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
* Humidity is frequently above 90%.
* Noise is over 85 decibels.
* Light is intense/glare.
* Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
* Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
* Work surface is stable.
* Constant exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVY work.
* Lift 50-100 pounds
* Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
* Differentiate between colors
* Wear PPE for skin protection.
* Eye protection.
* Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
* Lift 25-50 pounds
* Wear PPE for head, hands
* Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
* Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
* Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
* Operate a motor vehicle
* Lift 10-20 pounds
* Standing and walking
* Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baton Rouge , Workshop Helper, Other , Morgan City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!