CT Simulation Technologist
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 27, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: The CT Simulation Technologist is
responsible for performing CT simulations and treatment setups for
various treatment techniques. Under the direction of the Radiation
Therapist, Dosimetrist, Medical Radiation Physicist or Radiation
Oncologist, operates the CT Simulation according to department
polices and procedures. This role will work as part of a
multi-disciplinary team and will provide input to the continuity of
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates the ability to create patient treatment setups
based off physician orders according to department policies.
* Maintain necessary documentation in patients' charts
* Ability to administer contrast for scans (oral/intravenous).
* Demonstrates the ability to verify the daily and weekly procedure
* Demonstrates ability to simulate patient for treatment planning
using 3-D CT and gating technology.
- Assists Radiation Therapists with setups, charting and patient
* Demonstrates knowledge of applied radiation physics and human
* Demonstrates ability construct patient immobilization equipment
based off patient diagnosis and physician orders.
- Demonstrates correct and safe operation of equipment.
* Demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety.
* Demonstrates the ability to safely operate CT scanners.
* Demonstrates ability for daily QA of CT scanners.
* Maintains inventory of necessary patient supplies
* Cleaning and maintaining items in between patient use as required
by department policies.
4. Practices effective communication that enhances teamwork and
quality of care.
* Under a wide variety of circumstances, establishes contact with
patients and their families.
* Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxiety and to obtain
* Demonstrates age specific care awareness by communicating at
appropriate level of complexity and word choice for the age of
patient undergoing procedures.]
* Communicates clearly and concisely with all members of the health
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Holds current Louisiana State license to perform in the capacity of
Radiologic Technologist with certification in CT.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical
records related to quality data, patient financial information,
patient billing 3rd party, patient
related complaints, information related to patient location,
patients' religious beliefs and/or research information.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, receives orders for patients, validates patients
for any procedure/surgery, transports patients, monitors clinical
alarms, and radiation safety.
Reference DOT 078.361-034 RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST (medical
ser.) STRENGTH: L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or
condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical
demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even
though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job
should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires waling or standing
to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of
the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls;
and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace
entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even
though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The
constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace,
especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically
demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , CT Simulation Technologist, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!