IT Applications Developer 1,2,3
Company: State of Louisiana
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Do you enjoy being an excellent programmer, love what you do and want to make a difference?
Come join us. At TRSL, we give back to our state's teachers by providing retirement security and excellent service. You will join an open and collaborative team which uses the latest Microsoft .Net technologies and other web development frameworks. From day one, we will train you, we will challenge you and we will give you opportunities to grow to become a top rate developer. Working in TRSL, you will collaborate and participate in team development activities using Agile SCRUM to build the next generation software for the agency.
Why work for TRSL?
* Service - All Louisianans have benefited from teachers that inspire and encourage us. At TRSL we give back to our state's teachers by providing retirement security and excellent service.
* Culture - We value and support employees through open communication, professional development, recognition, and by creating a sense of community.
* Growth - TRSL encourages professional growth in a number of ways including professional development plans and career progression groups through SCS. We also offer financial assistance for professional certifications and postsecondary/graduate-level courses.
* Benefits - TRSL offers a generous benefits package including: a defined benefit pension plan, health insurance that is also available post retirement, at least 10 paid holidays, sick and annual leave that rolls over from year to year, paid or time off accrued for hours worked over 40 per week, a deferred compensation plan, a flexible benefits plan, alternate work schedules, etc. Work from home may be an available benefit for certain TRSL positions upon meeting the requirements of TRSL's telework policy.
* Location - TRSL is conveniently located near the I-10 / I-12 split on Essen Lane, away from the congestion of downtown Baton Rouge.
This vacancy may be filled as a Probation, Promotion, or Detail to Special Duty. Current classified permanent status employees may be required to accept a Probational Appointment.
TRSL will consider candidates who have obtained Optional Practical Training (OPT) or meet the H1B qualifications by the U.S. Department of Labor.
No Civil Service test scoreis required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
This position participates in aCareer Progression Group (CPG)and can be filled from this recruitment as an IT Applications Developer 1, IT Applications Developer 2, or IT Applications Developer 3depending on level of experience of the selected applicant. Please click each job title above to review specific information on the salary range, minimum qualifications and job concepts.
PreferredSkills & Requirement
* Continuous learner, takes initiative, and understands what it takes to get outstanding customer satisfaction
* Experience in or interest in learning Visual Studio 2022 or higher and Azure DevOps
* Adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure and changing priorities.
* Dependable, with a personal commitment to quality and professionalism at all times.
* A good communicator who works effectively in teams and independently and focuses on organizational goals.
* Writes programs according to specifications, provided by Software Engineers, Systems Analysts, or other business stakeholders.
* Energetic- brings enthusiasm and direction to the team
* Driven- works with a sense of urgency in all tasks
* Achievement-oriented- enjoys taking on challenges
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application, which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process. Further status message information is located under the Information section of the Current Job Opportunities page.
Applications submitted without the education and/or work experience sections completed will be considered incomplete andwill notbe considered. Resumeswill notbe accepted in lieu of an application listing complete work experience and education.
Applicants who are qualifying for the position based on college training or receipt of a baccalaureate degree should attach a copy of their college transcript to their online application in order to verify credentials. Transcripts may also be faxed, mailed, or emailed to the contact information below and must be received by the closing date of this posting. An official transcript is required upon hire.
If you applying for this position prior to receipt of your baccalaureate degree, you may apply 90 days prior to receipt of your degree; however, the effective date of the appointment cannot be prior to your graduation date.
Applicantswith international degrees mustprovide an equivalency evaluation and a copy of their transcripts at the time of application.
All prospective new hires will be subject to employment eligibility verification via the federal government's E-verify system.
TRSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
To view and apply to any of our other postings we currently have available, clickHERE.
For further information about this vacancy contact:
Aricka Hart- Human Resources
Teachers' Retirement System of Louisiana
P.O. Box 94123
Baton Rouge, LA 70804
Email: email@example.com Qualifications
A baccalaureate degree plus one year of experience in information technology.
1. An associate's degree in information technology will substitute for the baccalaureate degree.
2. Two years of experience or training in information technology will substitute for the baccalaureate degree. Candidates without a baccalaureate degree may combine experience or training in information technology and college credit to substitute for the required baccalaureate degree as follows:
30 to 59 semester hours credit will substitute for six months of experience or training in information technology towards the baccalaureate degree.
60 to 89 semester hours credit will substitute for one year of experience or training in information technology towards the baccalaureate degree.
90 or more semester hours credit will substitute for one year and six months of experience or training in information technology towards the baccalaureate degree.
A maximum of 90 semester hours may be combined with experience or training in information technology to substitute for the baccalaureate degree.
3. Six years of full-time work experience in any field may be substituted for the required baccalaureate degree. Candidates without a baccalaureate degree may combine work experience in any field and college credit to substitute for the baccalaureate degree as follows:
30 to 59 semester hours credit will substitute for one year of experience towards the baccalaureate degree.
60 to 89 semester hours credit will substitute for two years of experience towards the baccalaureate degree.
90 to 119 semester hours credit will substitute for three years of experience towards the baccalaureate degree.
120 or more semester hours credit will substitute for four years of experience towards the baccalaureate degree.
A maximum of 120 semester hours may be combined with experience to substitute for the baccalaureate degree.
4. A baccalaureate degree with twenty-four semester hours in computer science, management information systems (MIS), quantitative business analysis--computer science, electrical engineering, information systems and decision sciences, computer engineering, mathematics, telecommunications, or computer information systems will substitute for up to one year of required experience.
5. A master's degree will substitute for up to one year of required experience.
Multiple specialized degrees and/or master's degrees will substitute for a maximum of one year of required experience.
A certification in an approved area may be substituted for the education and/or experience requirements at the time of hire or promotion, provided the appointment is made from a Certificate of Eligibles.
Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
FUNCTION OF WORK:
To analyze and develop information technology applications that are outside of the scope of the Office of Technology Services.
LEVEL OF WORK:
Close from an IT Supervisor or IT Manager. Other reporting relationships may be approved by SCS.
May provide guidance to lower-level personnel.
LOCATION OF WORK:
State agencies with application development activities that are outside of the scope of the Office of Technology Services.
Differs from other information technology jobs by the presence of tasks relative to applications development activities that are outside of the scope of the Office of Technology Services.
Differs from IT Applications Developer 2 by the absence of experienced-level tasks relative to applications development activities that are outside of the scope of the Office of Technology Services.
Examples of Work
EXAMPLES BELOW ARE A BRIEF SAMPLE OF COMMON DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS JOB TITLE. NOT ALL POSSIBLE TASKS ARE INCLUDED.
Follows procedures for coding, compiling, testing, debugging, and documenting for information technology applications within accepted standards and guidelines.
Participates in revisions to user guides and production run books.
Performs applications maintenance activities to help ensure seamless integration with hardware and other components of the relevant systems.
Performs tasks such as writing and executing database queries, troubleshooting file management matters, modifying account privileges based on documented requests, maintaining logs of support activities, etc.
Develops a working knowledge of the application portfolio and how its various components work together in order develop applications.
Supports components of applications systems by analyzing coding, performing applications maintenance tasks, etc.
Responds to troubleshooting requests for application components of limited scope and complexity.
May respond to applications emergencies and resolve problems in consultation with higher-level IT personnel.
Keywords: State of Louisiana, Baton Rouge , IT Applications Developer 1,2,3, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
here to apply!