Location: Morgan City
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Tender is assigned by the Diving Supervisor or designated
diving person in charge. Performing sub-sea tasks and assisting the
Diver when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides topside support for diving operations.
- Perform maintenance and repair of topside equipment and DDC
- Perform topside and underwater rigging.
- May be required to perform sub-sea tasks utilizing commercial
- Knowledge of equipment uses, repairs, and maintenance is
- Assist the diver in dressing, entering, and leaving the water,
- Confirm that the diver's equipment is functioning properly and
inform the diving supervisor that the diver is ready.
- Prepare and support the dive until its completion.
- Support any in-water decompression as required.
- Tend the diver's umbilical (always keeping at least one hand on
the umbilical) and be always aware of the diver's depth and
- Set up and operate all equipment as directed by the diving
supervisor, D/T or his or her representative.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance on diving
- Repair such equipment as he or she is qualified to check-out to
- Assist in topside work as required or directed.
- Be alert for and immediately report conditions that may be
hazardous or unsafe.
- Maintain certification in first aid and CPR.
- Properly operate a decompression chamber as required for
decompression or treatment as directed.
- Maintain communication with the chamber occupants.
- Properly complete all paperwork as required by employer policy
and/or governmental regulations.
- Do not perform any other task while operating the chamber.
- Perform tasks as a diver or standby diver when directed by the
supervisor. A tender/diver who dives shall be subject to the duties
and responsibilities of a diver within the limitations of his or
- When required, ride the chamber with the diver during
decompression or treatment. This inside tender/diver must be
familiar with and alert for the symptoms of oxygen toxicity.
- Report to the diving supervisor any recent medical treatment or
illness so that a proper determination can be made concerning
fitness and/or ability to dive.
- Immediately report all symptoms or suspected symptoms of DCS to
the diving supervisor as early and accurately as possible.
- Report to the diving supervisor any defect or malfunction of
the diving equipment provided for the diving operation.
- Maintain a commercial diver logbook documenting all hyperbaric
- Read, understand, and comply with all employer's policies and
applicable governmental regulations, as they relate to their
qualifications or performance while engaging in diving
- Hold a commercial diving school certificate of graduation.
- Entry-level with zero (0) to six months minimum
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and Transportation
Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- ADCI diver card.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- EMT/DMT certifications.
- IMCA certification or Board of Canada (DCBC) qualified.
- NDT certifications.
- U/W welding, mechanical expertise (including hydraulics,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations,
business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being
asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels
and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees,
workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients
are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully
vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of
Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals
who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start
date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for
this position will be required to prove that they are fully
vaccinated prior to their start date.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Baton Rouge , Diving Tenders, Other , Morgan City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...