Advanced Systems Engineer
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of lifeThe
site is looking for an advance systems automation engineer to
support for process controls systems configuration and support.
-Dailly job responsibilities will include
production support, capital support regarding process controls
strategy at the
local level. - Engage and interact with groups
such as process, production, IE departments and internal OT groups
technical issues. - Key
- Provide controls & engineering support to variety of small to
large capital projects and plant sustaining activitie
- Develop specifications for the control system hardware,
software, and configuration
- Develop new and redline existing interlock narratives, cause
and effect and control strategies
- Develop new and redline existing piping & instrumentation
- Review instrument definitions, diagrams, control system
architecture, process control narratives, and instrument system
- Support startup and shutdown sequencing and commissioning
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting, instrumentation
and controls, problems
- Support plant manufacturing operations as needed by providing
- Support process hazard analysis for new and existing
- Interact with manufacturing organization and production plants
to develop controls configuration for new processes
- Facilitate and/or support improvement projects, maintenance
projects and aid in process troubleshooting
- Develop and implement quality, safety, and process
- Lead the Alarm Management efforts for a production unit.
- Collaborate with
fellow plant engineers and platform architects to implement robust
control solutionsYOU MUST HAVE
- BS preferred in Engineering or related discipline with +5 years
of related experience. OT, instrumentation, electrical and/or
chemical engineering background preferred
- Practical experience with DCS systems and implementation of
- Strong industrial experience is highly desired. Chemical
distillation process experience is highly desired
- Working knowledge of safety instrumented system (SIS), review
SIL assessments and functional test procedure execution and
verifications highly desired.
- Advance Process Control (APC) experience highly desired.
- Alarm Management experience highly desired.WE VALUE
- Solid knowledge of process control, DCS, controls configuration
- Open mind to integrating newer technologies with the control
- Experience working independently on a regular basis based on
the tasks and responsibilities required for the technical support
and process improvement of a production unit.
- Experience developing BPCS / SIS architectures, control
applications, and hardware specifications. Honeywell Experion DCS
(C300), Honeywell TDC, Honeywell Safety Manger, Honeywell
Uniformance (PHD Historian), Allen Bradley, or other PLC's
- Experience in HAZOP, eMOC, PHA, PSMAdditional Information
- JOB ID: HRD185438
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 5525 Hwy 3115,Geismar,Louisiana,70734,United
- Engineering (GLOBAL)Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Baton Rouge , Advanced Systems Engineer, Other , Geismar, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...